Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone is running the quiet core and if makes any noticeable difference in power?

I'm definitely gonna be getting the big 3 package soon and was thinking of getting the QC. Some of the trails I ride are pretty close to peoples homes and I'm thinking I'd like the option of running a little less noisy on those days...

I was also wondering if the QC is easy to swap out?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I run it every now and then but I can tell a difference in power so I usually leave it out. Plus it usually causes me to run rich with the recommended settings so that's another reason I leave it out.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I run with the QC most of the time because of sound limits... BUT, when I race they don't enforce the sound limits, so I'll run without. Real easy and quick to make the change over. JUST MAKE YOU USE ANTI SEIZE ON END CAP SCREWS!... Take end cap off, slip out QC, replace with spark arrester, button up end cap. Adjust EHS efi controller for running without QC... Takes about 5 minutes once you know the settings to use for running with and without. Once you do the change over a couple times, you'll be able to do it almost in your sleep.

Note: You'd need to order your EHS Big 3 with BOTH pieces... a QC and a spark arrester.

EHS settings...

Without QC
G = 3.5
Y = 3.5
R
= 3
GB = 3.5 (same setting for with QC)
YB = 3
(same setting for with QC)
RB = 3 (same setting for with QC)

With QC
G = 3
Y = 3
R = 2.5

roadkill

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot you guys... Gotta contact Eric at EHS to ask if he's running any promos for members...

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I run with the QC most of the time because of sound limits... BUT, when I race they don't enforce the sound limits, so I'll run without. Real easy and quick to make the change over. JUST MAKE YOU USE ANTI SEIZE ON END CAP SCREWS!... Take end cap off, slip out QC, replace with spark arrester, button up end cap. Adjust EHS efi controller for running without QC... Takes about 5 minutes once you know the settings to use for running with and without. Once you do the change over a couple times, you'll be able to do it almost in your sleep.

Note: You'd need to order your EHS Big 3 with BOTH pieces... a QC and a spark arrester.

EHS settings...

Without QC
G = 3.5
Y = 3.5
R = 3
GB = 3.5 (same setting for with QC)
YB = 3
(same setting for with QC)
RB = 3 (same setting for with QC)

With QC
G = 3
Y = 3
R = 2.5

roadkill

What do the different modes control? Wondering about fine tuning, or if any adjustment will be needed?

·
Registered
176 Posts
i wonder why the GB YB and RB settings are the same for every scenario, even with what i have now, just an EHS lid those setting are the same as a full exhaust

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
those mods are generally effected most by cam profile, sometimes a dramatic gearing change or if it was a cvt setup it will alter that as well.

also some bike changing from a slip-on to full will effect those also but the xx it really doesnt much.

the B modes changes the timing that the actual fuel delivery circuits turn on either making them cycle from circuit to circuit quicker or slower

1 - 7 of 7 Posts