Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Anyone use fram oil filters

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  xx700xx 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I cut apart several oil filters with my friend who has too much money. Fram was by far the worst! The fram filter had half the filter element of the other filters. When comparing the cheaper supertech to mobile 1 there was no difference internally. If the fram looks like the stock filter I might use it. If it has less filter element like the car filter stay away or it will cost you a motor. Hope this helps.

#3 ·
How much is the fram? The stock Honda filter is only $9 and it is made exactly for that application. Personally $9 is a cheap price for piece of mind. Is it worth the few dollars you might save. IMO

#7 ·
$9 dollars for a stock filter? wow. I get them for around 3.75 a piece, maybe my shop just likes me that much.

#8 · (Edited)
A looksy...

I found these on ebay, they were $12 for a 3 pack. I wont use them though, they are exactly what I'm talking about. I paid $4 for the red filter. In the photos you can see the ebay specials have less element than the filter I got from a local shop. Not worth the risk IMO. :tup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.