Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
I cut apart several oil filters with my friend who has too much money. Fram was by far the worst! The fram filter had half the filter element of the other filters. When comparing the cheaper supertech to mobile 1 there was no difference internally. If the fram looks like the stock filter I might use it. If it has less filter element like the car filter stay away or it will cost you a motor. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
How much is the fram? The stock Honda filter is only $9 and it is made exactly for that application. Personally $9 is a cheap price for piece of mind. Is it worth the few dollars you might save. IMO

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cut apart several oil filters with my friend who has too much money. Fram was by far the worst! The fram filter had half the filter element of the other filters. When comparing the cheaper supertech to mobile 1 there was no difference internally. If the fram looks like the stock filter I might use it. If it has less filter element like the car filter stay away or it will cost you a motor. Hope this helps.

Yes I've seen fram comparisons before and yeah I don't use them on my trucks but this filter for the XX looks exactly like the honda filter , so I was just wondering how different it could be :confused: thanks for the replies !

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
:eek:hno:
Yes I've seen fram comparisons before and yeah I don't use them on my trucks but this filter for the XX looks exactly like the honda filter , so I was just wondering how different it could be :confused: thanks for the replies !
With cars there was a lot less filter with fram. If it looks like there is the same amount of filter element as the Honda filter I would imagine it would be ok. I worked for AMS (automotosports) for 3 years and every time we had a car come in with a blown motor not due to detintation it had a fram filter on it. Cost me some rod bearings as well. Bottom line, I personally will not use fram.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
$9 dollars for a stock filter? wow. I get them for around 3.75 a piece, maybe my shop just likes me that much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts