Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 23/7/10 razr and 22/11/10 for the rear on itp pro series and the fronts are fine, but the rear are skinny and tall??? is this normal.? im ordering 20/11/10 and selling these . They are brand new just not my taste.:eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I just bought 23/7/10 razr and 22/11/10 for the rear on itp pro series and the fronts are fine, but the rear are skinny and tall??? is this normal.? im ordering 20/11/10 and selling these . They are brand new just not my taste.:eek:hno:
Yes this normal because you are putting a 11" wide tyre on a 7" wide rim.

·
Registered
671 Posts
63 views and no input??? All the razr users??? EPIC FAIL:tdown:
Where's the pic that EEHonda asked for? I have no idea what you mean, skinny and tall? Seems to me it is just a looks thing. What you think is skinny and tall may be normal to someone else. The only difference between a 22x11x10 and 20x11x10 tire is the one is 2" larger in diamter. They both should be close to the same width. I don't really know what type of "input" you are expecting.

Doug

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Where's the pic that EEHonda asked for? I have no idea what you mean, skinny and tall? Seems to me it is just a looks thing. What you think is skinny and tall may be normal to someone else. The only difference between a 22x11x10 and 20x11x10 tire is the one is 2" larger in diamter. They both should be close to the same width. I don't really know what type of "input" you are expecting.

Doug
When you put an 11" wide tyre on a 7" wide rim the tyre width is decreased to about 91/2" and because it is narrower it causes the tyre to balloon and increases overall diameter.
I have a 20x11x10 Kenda Klaw on my ITP rim and it made it 221/4" diameter.
Even putting this tyre on the 10x8 rim the tyre becomes 10" wide and 211/2" in diameter.
I hope you understand this.:D

·
Registered
574 Posts
63 views and no input??? All the razr users??? EPIC FAIL:tdown:
There are lots of people like you that have questions. So they look through the threads. Hence you get views. But no info. Not epic fail.

I am not sure I understand your question.

I think what your asking is why is the tire tall and narrow. Like Baxter stated the ITP 10 wheel is only 7" wide. When you mount a 11" tire on that wheel it will tend to look narrower than say if you mount it on say a 9" wide rim. The tread width is the same but the section width (section width is the widest part of the tire) is wider on the wider wheel. When a wider tire is mounted on a narrow wheel the tread tends to want to crown out, which gives the tire a more narrow appearance. The only way that I know of to get a wider wheel on the back of this machine is to move the offset out which changes the load on the suspension, wheel bearings and handling characteristic's. Which is a whole other topic. See thread>http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4177

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
There are lots of people like you that have questions. So they look through the threads. Hence you get views. But no info. Not epic fail.

I am not sure I understand your question.

I think what your asking is why is the tire tall and narrow. Like Baxter stated the ITP 10 wheel is only 7" wide. When you mount a 11" tire on that wheel it will tend to look narrower than say if you mount it on say a 9" wide rim. The tread width is the same but the section width (section width is the widest part of the tire) is wider on the wider wheel. When a wider tire is mounted on a narrow wheel the tread tends to want to crown out, which gives the tire a more narrow appearance. The only way that I know of to get a wider wheel on the back of this machine is to move the offset out which changes the load on the suspension, wheel bearings and handling characteristic's. Which is a whole other topic. See thread>http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4177

I hope this helps.
Yes it does thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now when you order a 10" rim can you specify the different width? actually they dont look as narrow here as they came with 17# air in them and i lowered to 7 #

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yes it does thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now when you order a 10" rim can you specify the different width?
As far as I know the only one I know for sure available for the XX is the 10X7 size. I thought I read somewhere that a 10X8 is available. I bet Baxter would know.

I am modding a set of Douglas red label 10X8 wheels to fit, for sand use only though.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I would not compare The ITP or Douglas wheel to flipping the rear rims.
The 10" rim is 4:3 (ITP) or 4:4 (DWT) which is less stressful on 700xx rear end than 2:5 (Stock flipped)

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Yes it does thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now when you order a 10" rim can you specify the different width? actually they dont look as narrow here as they came with 17# air in them and i lowered to 7 #
The ITP only comes with a 4:3 offset and DWT comes with 4:4 offset.
The ITP rims fitted on 700xx will make the rear width 1-2" narrower , depending on tyres used.
The Douglas rim , I have found is only availible from OMF. If anybody knows differant then please post here.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The tires look correct...just run the 7 ish pound of air in them... sometimes its just one of those things we get in our head...like the noises in my engine that are normal that i am bound and determine to make abnormal...all in my head

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The tires look correct...just run the 7 ish pound of air in them... sometimes its just one of those things we get in our head...like the noises in my engine that are normal that i am bound and determine to make abnormal...all in my head
Thanks brother!!!! Hoorah....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts