• Somewhat. (please list why)

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • No. (please list why)

Votes: 3 2.7%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
For the price we paid for these, adjustable shocks would have been good.
Better plastics where your boots rub would be good too. Mine look like I took sandpaper to them.

A parking brake that can stand up to the mud and dirt would have been nice. I have taken mine off since I got tired of adjusting it all of the time.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I can live with the stock suspension, but front wheels pushing in the turns is my biggest complaint. I can't wait to find a solution thats reasonable.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I don't have much to complain about but wonder how power increases will be dealt with not having a swingarm to extend. The bike stands up easy as is and will only be worse when upgraded. Other than that I love the bike

·
Registered
984 Posts
could always add a wheelie bar! :eek:hno: How about some ballast on the front like a winch?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I wouldn't want to offset the balance of the bike putting weight in the front although it is a good thought. Some rear offset a-arms wouldn't really work because you would have to move the entire rear subframe with it in order for the cv shafts not to bind... Only option is an extended rear subframe. It may not be that far fethced of an idea but I'm offshore and can't go look over the bike to see what it would take.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I wouldn't want to offset the balance of the bike putting weight in the front although it is a good thought. Some rear offset a-arms wouldn't really work because you would have to move the entire rear subframe with it in order for the cv shafts not to bind... Only option is an extended rear subframe. It may not be that far fethced of an idea but I'm offshore and can't go look over the bike to see what it would take.

You might have something there! There is a lower subframe that looks like it could be extended but the upper a-arms are connected the tail end of the main frame. I think an adapter could be fabricated, but it would need to be elaborate. Perhaps a whole new subframe that included upper a-arm mounts would be easier. Keep in mind I'm only looking at a parts diagram of the frame on Motosport.com, a more thorough investigation maybe warrented.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I would definitely recommend one to riders who ride in terrrain like I do. Things I would change?

1. Cut down on the amount of plastic. It looks friggin' sweet when they are new, but it gets trashed quick...especially the frame guards.

2. Change the gear ratios a bit. Definitely shorten third gear. Put some of that top end snort back at the bottom and midrange.

3. Sell them off the floor with fully adjustable, rebuildable shocks (like the Raptor).

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I don't notice the 3rd gear problem everyone speaks about??? Hmmm.... But anyway the rears are rebuildable correct?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I like mine. It's perfect stock with the 13t sprocket. After I get some mods on it, we'll see if I want to go back to the 14t, but I DOUBT it. The 13t definitely helped the 3rd gear ratio.

If I had built it, or had say in it... i'd have made it 4x4. I think there is a strong demand for a sport quad with 4x4 like the Can Am Renegade.

I come from an 1987 Honda TRX250 FourTrax

·
Registered
187 Posts
If I had a say, it would have come stock with Maxxis tires instead of those junklops and the wheels would have been a more common size so that we would have more tire options without purchasing new wheels. Oh, and the wheels would be stronger and not bend so easily. Other than that, it`s perfect imo.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
If I had a say, it would have come stock with Maxxis tires instead of those junklops and the wheels would have been a more common size so that we would have more tire options without purchasing new wheels. Oh, and the wheels would be stronger and not bend so easily. Other than that, it`s perfect imo.
Yes sir, I can't stress enough to the guys that don't have Razr's how much better it makes the XX. I was totally surprised and grinning ear to ear after installing them

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
use it ride it love it!! and am pushing a riding buddy twards one now. well he just really likes it to.
negative- more selection for mods which has already improved and will hopefully just keep getting better

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
love the 700xx don't like the stock shocks but you know in most cases you can't have it all.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I like my 700, I put 24x10x11 mud lites on the rear and a thirteen tooth sprocket. My best freind bought one, and recomended I get one, I liked it so well I talked my brother in law into getting one. So, now instead of my 400ex, my best freinds 400ex and my brother in law's 350 king quad, We all have 700xx's, and having a blast.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts