Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about arizonas new immigration law?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think its right on. This country is being invaded by illegals and we need to make a stand somewhere. If you want to work here and live here become a citizen of the US and do it right. I don't get why its a big deal. Ohbama is crying about it because he is going to lose a few votes. He don't care about this country anyway. He was preached to by an anti-American preacher for a long time. If he didn't agree with what was being preached he should have left that place long before running for POTUS.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
typical... see the problem with this is that it based off of discrimination and racism... I agree with the whole illegal thing, however, many/only Mexican nationals are being targeted for this. It always comes back to us Mexicans... What I don't understand is, there are MANY other nationalities here illegaly, yet we get targeted. It's bullshit... I am a US Citizen, and yet I get pulled over for no damn reason... First thing that happens is I get asked for my papers... WTF???? So I'm Mexican, I'm automatically an illegal?????

·
Registered
7 Posts
I lean to the side of thinking this is poorly thought of shot from the hip reaction. The problems I see with it are:
1. Closing out the Mexican immigrants is all this really does. What exact criteria will be used for the "show me your proof of citizenship."
2. Why do we offer almost open refuge to immigrants from certain African nations (see Somalia) and other eastern European (think former Soviet)
3. The situation in Mexico is dire for many of these people, isn't this why America was founded? Ever read the inscription on the Statue of Liberty, it is what inspires to keep serving this great nation.

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,"

·
Registered
228 Posts
In most states you need to prove that you are a citizen to get a driver's license. If you're pulled over with no license they can arrest you now. Unfortunately, the situation in the USA is dire also. If anyone thinks this law is BS then they need to get FDR's law from the 1940's repealed that says if you're illegal that you're also a criminal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good feedback, in my opinion i believe that the police should not have so much power because sooner or later they will abuse it, many people are saying they are sick of the crimes, gangs and violence, but immigrants arent the only ones doing these things. in the whole USA weather being a citizen, resident, or immigrant, theres crime being commited by everyone. i dont know why they only target immigrants for all the problems being faced in the USA

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i agree.. which is where most of my frustrations come from... when someone thinks of an illegal immigrant, what pops to your head? Mexican, Latino, Hispanic, whatever you want to call it... right or wrong??? you know it's true... but there's much more to it than people of this descent....

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree with your thinking ceballos but the problem is mostly coming from the southern border. I don't recall seeing any Canadians coming in from that way. How else are you going to combat the issue? The Cubans and Hatians are easy to pick out too. AZ has mostly Mexicans coming across the boarder and that is what they have to target. There has always been racial profiling in this country and it has not only been against Hispanics and blacks. How else can you screen for the problem that you are addressing? From what I saw when I was in AZ a couple of months ago jobs are pretty scarce. I think taking care of the illegal immigrant issue is just a start to what needs to be done.

The people that are hiring these illegals also should be dealt with. They are just as much to blame for this problem. Without jobs and easy money from the Gov they would quit coming here. One of my best friends in school was a son of a Mexican immigrant that received his citizenship when he was 20 years old. His family came here looking to find a better life just as my ancestors did. The only diff is that they did it the right way and didn't just sneak across the border and try to work here for pennies on a dollar and take away jobs of citizens that were born and raised here. Then there is the drug problem coming across the borders down that way.I'm not saying that Mexico is the only problem but like I said before it is a start to do the right thing.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don't understand what about this law has led people en masse to believe randomly that people are going to be profiled by racists. I can't think of why this has happened. This law is not saying that you can go down the street and pick people out and demand their papers. It's saying that if you cannot do things like produce a license when you are pulled over for breaking a traffic law, or produce valid AZ ID when your residence is searched because a cop says he smelled pot, or any other situation where a normal American would have to produce ID and be in deep shit if they don't have it, then you're in trouble, as you should be. That's like saying that anyone who is interrogated in the USA by a cop of a different race is suddenly the victim of racism. This is utter nonsense people. Get over it because this is going to sweep across the US as the illegals scramble to find cover. If they would just come here legally so that they can be documented and pay taxes, like me, then I have no problem what they look like, the color of their skin, what they speak, etc. I am not a racist for believing that we should ALL have to follow the laws of our country. Don't like it? Leave.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
First off, I am not racist. Secondly, I realize this country was founded on immigration. With that said, I think it is a great law, and they should be doing it everywhere. I am sick and tired of my tax money going for this or that over illegal immigrants. If people want to come to this country for a better life, than so be it, but do it legally. This guy I work with spent 17K to get his russian Wife to be a legal citizen, and it took about two years. It is easy to get a VISA and stuff, trust me I know because I have 5 different ones. When I fly to Korea, I need my VISA, my Passport, three other forms of ID, plus I get stopped 4 times before I even exit the airport. If the mexicans, Canadians, Puerto Ricas, English, Danish, Africanish (hehe), or any other MOFO can't produce even a damn frigging PASSPORT, then they shouldn't be here. I know most of them are cheap labor. I also know that you have those lazy ass SOB's that wont work that are on welfare and just pop out kid after kid so they get more money that are a US citizens that wont work at all, and I think they should be deported as well. Or else we should stop taking care of them and let them die. Survival of the fitttest. I know I am cold hearted, but this is what I feel needs to be done. Why in the hell should I have to pay for someone else's laziness (either in not having a job or in not being intelligent enough to get the proper paperwork to be here). The same thing goes for helping out countries like Haiti...WTF did they ever do for us? That's right, absolutely nothing. We aren't a wealthy country at all, considering how far we are in debt, but we open our hands to every needy MOFO out there...my ass is getting sore from this stupid ass shit.
I realize that some people are in need. I know people on both welfare and Un-employment, that will work as much as they can, but due to the economy it just sucks. I also know that people trying to come into this country will work for much less, and that disheartens me as I think people should have a fair chance, if done legally. I just can't stand those dead beats that work the system....and all the little countries asking for help when they are in a time in need. I dont think I saw anyone helping the US during Katrina, or 9/11?

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
i think it is absolutly a step in the right direction. the people this law is targeting are taking jobs from americans. they are having children (not that there is anything wrong with that) and these children, are recieving medical care food assistance ect.... who pays for that childs needs when the parents get assistance or just dont pay the medical bills? you and i thats who. they not only work for pennies on the dollar, they are paid in cash no taxes taken out there. then they send there money across the border to there families they are trying to support there as well. not only are they directly taking food out of americans mouths by taking there jobs, they are indirectly doing so by not paying taxes. and that my friend is bullshit. and no im not rascist i dont care if its a mexican, european, african, or asian. it just so happens that arizonas problem is with mexicans, everyone takes it as a attack on mexicans it is a attack against illegals that are slowing down the recovery that our country is in dire need of. i will however say that there are parts of this law are not perfect such as the way to locate these people. but are you surprised? it is the first of its kind. give it time we will revise and edit it to fit our multi-ethical multi-denominational country without the "profiling" aspect of it. but hell thats just my opinion, you asked for it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good replies but dont you all think that almost all of our tax money is going to the US army (which im not against) and going to the banks and auto makers that wanted a bailout, the government bailed them out by giving them millions so they would not go bankrupt and now all our tax money is going to the government to gain what they lost. By the way what do u guys think of Tim james commercial.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Good replies but dont you all think that almost all of our tax money is going to the US army (which im not against) and going to the banks and auto makers that wanted a bailout, the government bailed them out by giving them millions so they would not go bankrupt and now all our tax money is going to the government to gain what they lost. By the way what do u guys think of Tim james commercial.
wow your full of controversial topics arent you? lol its okay with me i ejoy a good debate wether im involved or not. and as far as the bailouts i dont think it was the correct way to address it, it was however addressed and gm has already paid their LOANS off. dont see any of the bankers even calling the money they got loans. it takes a real crook to say, "yeah were just gonna take this money thanks, you want it back? ahh no thanks were good." im not familiar with the Tim James commercial link?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow your full of controversial topics arent you? lol its okay with me i ejoy a good debate wether im involved or not. and as far as the bailouts i dont think it was the correct way to address it, it was however addressed and gm has already paid their LOANS off. dont see any of the bankers even calling the money they got loans. it takes a real crook to say, "yeah were just gonna take this money thanks, you want it back? ahh no thanks were good." im not familiar with the Tim James commercial link?
LOL, its nothing personal just killing time to see what you all think about the issues that we are all facing today. oh just go to youtube and search tim james you will see the comercial there

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I understand your guys' points.. and trust me, all that tax, medical, etc., nonsense bugs me too... I'm just against all the racial profiling that's going on.. you never know how much of BS it's full of until it happens to you... and it's happened to me, which is why it frustrates me

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
also whats the big deal about proving you are legally here? you have to prove your legal to buy beer or get any formal paperwork done. inconvienient yes, make your country safer better managed i think so.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
also whats the big deal about proving you are legally here? you have to prove your legal to buy beer or get any formal paperwork done. inconvienient yes, make your country safer better managed i think so.

Thanks for the feedback

1 - 20 of 64 Posts