Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to my local auto zone and picked up a bottle of armorall origanal and put some on my plastics and omg it looks 100 times better shined everything up took all the minor scratches away i recomend this to anyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pics of all the quads

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sure does look clean!! You should of posted a before picture.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea this stuff works good and my unce has been using this forever and has never faded out his plastics?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
The best thing to do is to use a buffer and put a new finish on the plastic. I haven't done it to my XX, but I did it to my Banshee. It worked awesome and collects no dust. But I have used some silicone products and they worked okay.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I have tried these kinda products and learned the hard way. Putting this on the tank and knee area plastics make the quad feel slippy. They work good for stoppin mud stick and put a shine to scared plastics. Just dont put it where you would grip the xx .If you know what I mean.
I also learnt that "Fabrese"(?) works better than most products on stopping mud stick. I dont know if you have this in the US and it's kinda expensive compared to Pro Shine "Fuchs,Silkolene" but works better.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not sure how well it will work but I just picked up some Maxima SC1 clear coat for the plastic so hope it works well!

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Not sure how well it will work but I just picked up some Maxima SC1 clear coat for the plastic so hope it works well!
I use SC1 after everywash and it looks wonderfull!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thats good because I usually use plexus but SC1 is five bucks cheaper so I figured why not give it a try

·
Registered
190 Posts
I use some pledge, the spray can that smells like oranges. Works pretty good.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just catching up on old posts and glad I ran across this one. I need something to do this winter and detailing my XX might be the ticket. So far I have heard of SC1, Armor All, 303 and Fabreez. Has any one tried regular car wax or am I just thinking backwards on this?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Silicone products like Armour all will work good on short term but will whiten with years. Now black is black and on whatever it is it's a pain to keep looking good. What happens when your plastics whiten well you just put more stuff on it !!!! I find for me personally after 3 years it's time to change the plastics all around but on the XX that gets expensive compared to the 400ex or 450r so they just might stay whiten !!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Just catching up on old posts and glad I ran across this one. I need something to do this winter and detailing my XX might be the ticket. So far I have heard of SC1, Armor All, 303 and Fabreez. Has any one tried regular car wax or am I just thinking backwards on this?
For some reason your not supposed to use regular car wax on quads. Armor all leaves it tacky, I've been using this, you can find it at like Wal*mart for $4.00 It works good on car interiors too, which is what it's made for.

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g4016-meguiars-supreme-shinereg-protectant/

After that i also use the SC1. I've also herd and read in Polaris manuals to just use Pledge furniture polish. Here's what the Mequiars did to my old Scrambler, and its not wet or tacky to the touch.

·
Registered
335 Posts
http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...eg-protectant/

I have been using Meguiars Dash&Trim Foam. It works awesome! It came in a full care kit and I haven't been able to find it sold seperately. I bet its the same as your suggestion just in a spray instead of foam.

Gonna give it a try. Thanks for the tip M Quick.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I might be willing to try the turtle wax ice on a quad. It says it works on all surfaces. I will post up after I try it, I might clean the new 200 up and try it on it. And take some before and after pictures. But for now I need to finish the long needed maintenance.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I might be willing to try the turtle wax ice on a quad. It says it works on all surfaces. I will post up after I try it, I might clean the new 200 up and try it on it. And take some before and after pictures. But for now I need to finish the long needed maintenance.

Yeah... that stuff may work. I have a spray wax somewhere on hand. I did my truck with it and it worked well. I can't remember if its all surfaces safe. I will have to go find it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well, I just went out and polished my plastics with Meguires Ultimate Spray Wax. It states to use it on plastic, paint, headlights etc. It goes on easy and brings out some shine.
Here's the problem though, it gives the plastics a huge static charge. For this reason I feel its not a good choice. I ride very dry & dusty conditions. Having a bunch of powdered stone dust collecting on my plastic is just gonna expedite micro scratching.
I used an old orange cotton tshirt to apply and buff. There is orange lint all over it and it won't wipe off. Clings like a magnet. Guess I will have to go wash my clean quad now. lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thats good because I usually use plexus but SC1 is five bucks cheaper so I figured why not give it a try
sc1 shines alot better but makes it tacky and dust sticks to it, plexus cleans better than sc1 but doesnt shine as well.
http://www.originalbikespirits.com/products/spray-cleaner-polish/
we use this for all the machines on our floor for sale kind of in between sc1 and plexus as far as the shine. and it actually works awesome for mounting tires if you ever do that

·
Registered
249 Posts
SC-1 all the way for me.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts