Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
american star tie rods

I got my tie rods fri and they fit a bit wierd when installed like the stock bars and they hit the upper a arms so I tried to flip them and the stearing stem end wouldnt work

so what i had to do is mount them on the top of the stearing stem and on the bottom of the knuckle side ive sent the seller an email to make sure this is right but I figured id see what you guys think

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ik what in getin

·
Registered
671 Posts
so what i had to do is mount them on the top of the stearing stem and on the bottom of the knuckle side ive sent the seller an email to make sure this is right but I figured id see what you guys think
Thats the way the stock ones mount, correct? Through the top of the stem flag and the bottom of the knuckle? I don't have my 700XX here to check, but I know my 450R's are like that. Also looks like your stock tie rod in the picture is set up like that. I guess I am kind of confused on what you are asking, should mount just like the stock ones did.

Doug

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
you know now that I look at the pics it is like that lol guess I need to do one at a time to be sure next tme

The ends look weird that's what screwed me up I guess that and the amount of threads showing compared to stock

Oh and a friend called me right in the middle of it so I can blame it on him lol

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah other than my attention span being short lol

Install on these was easy and they are massive compared to stock
The ends seem more reliable no rubber seal to go bad and large ball joint with a bolt through it makes for easy removal and fast change rate if you bend or break one (highly unlikely) but if you do they are lifetime warranted

The only other problem I had was the two different size rods but I may have confused him or something like I did some of you guys lol

Sorry about that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts