Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i changed my stock levers to ASV and they are quite nice.
But what to do with the wires that was attached to the stock clutch?
I know that the function they have is to make it possible to start the engine in gear with the clutch pulled in.
Yes i know i can solder them together but what kind of signal does that send to.....:confused: i dont know where it sends the signal, driving with the clutch constantly pulled in.
Please share your thoughts in this matter.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
I used a male-to-male connector, electrical tape and a zip-tie; so I could reinstall the stock clutch if I want to.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Im not understanding the purpose of this I can pull the clutch in on my stock levers and it will start what purpose does the asv levers serve

·
Registered
205 Posts
Im not understanding the purpose of this I can pull the clutch in on my stock levers and it will start what purpose does the asv levers serve
They look nice and bend backwards so if you roll the quad it is harder to break them

I wrote this down from some other threads. Not sure if its helpful but I planned to replace mine at some point and made a note for when I did:

I am in the middle of removing my parking brake and im wondering what is the electrical block on the side of the clutch levers?? and can i remove it.

OK i figured out that its the override for the starter when you out of neutral, so does anybody make a new mount that i can keep that part?

Mate join those wires together if you dont you wont be able to start the quad in gear you can remove the block if you want. Just tape them up to the bar with the switchblock wiring.

http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4483&highlight=parking+brake

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
they are lighter , got on the fly adjustment, unbreakable, but they are expensive ,but they got like a 5 year warranty i think , i want them but i dont want the shorty lever , i want the longer one for more leverage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts