Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Who would order parts from OCC if they made some

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my bike this morning from OCC and they did a very good job on my front fenders, their brackets are built strong and are easy to put on/off. Will post pictures with my new fenders this weekend.
While I was there, spoke to Mike B about building some other parts for our bike; front bumpers with special designs i.e. ram face with its horns/antlers setup as the grab bars, skull face or devils face again with it's horns setup as the grab bar and he stated they can do that. Also showed him the full netted nerf bars from Portugal and he stated if he had a bike to work with, they could build us those nerf bars, basically he's willing to work with us as long as he has a bike to work with.

Here's Mike address; [email protected]
I for one am really interested in the Nerf Bars and the Ram front bumper.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, they'll work with the person that loans the bike for their fittings

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
gota ask my dad and we dont have a trailer...

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're not too far from them, I'm pretty sure Mike would pick it up for you but wait since we need more response from the members that they want parts made from them or else it won't be worth their time and money.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
make one of them vote things for it.......i want it

·
Registered
33 Posts
I live quite a distance away. However, I'm usually out of the country for close to 4 months at a time, so I'd be willing to possibly work something out if they need it for a long period of time.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK Created a Poll, now we just need to pass the word around the members.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I would be interested but only if they build parts nobody else builds.:D
Like I can buy 3 differant brands of a-arms but not find an ali shifter or rear brake pedal.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah! I would really like to have a front bumper that has a Joker's face in the center and its ears to be the grab bar portion, think that it would look cool and different. OCC has the machines that can design those.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I'd be willing to lend mine more than likely. See what the demand would be. I live about an hour from there, and travel thru there all the time. Now that my winter scramble series is over, I am getting ready to rip everything apart anyway, but I could probably wait. Was planning on freshening up the piston and rings maybe, and just tearing everything down to celan everything up, and a possible powder coat.
Nash, when you said you were going there in another thread, I thought you meant for a street bike, What did you have done to the 700?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They made some front fender brackets that attaches directly to tie rods so when the wheel turns, the fenders follows the wheel. Also had them make me a mid pipe so I could use my Supertrapp exhaust. This weekend I'll post a video clip with the sound of the exhaust and the fender's brackets. I haven't really gotten that many replies for OCC parts at this moment but hopefully this will change. I'm really interested in them making us some full netted nerf bars for now.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I can't wait to see the fenders. I can only imagine it is something like the ds650's used to be, only cooler. Have you rode with them yet? If so, do they actually help ya not get so darn muddy, or is it just more for show?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just had the fenders installed this past week so I haven't had a chance to try them out, thought about taken the bike out in the snow but it's already apart so we'll have to wait and see how good they do, from what I can see, they'll work nicely

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was talking with DE700 and he brought up some great suggestions towards what OCC could build for us, one item which I think is great, are our wheels, if they could build us some different wheels then we would have a better/more selections but we need to know what the club would like to have for wheel size and patern. Another idea he brought up; aluminum radiator cover instead of the easy to break plastic cover. If you all have suggestion on what you would like to see, let us know so we can have some suggestions to give to OCC

·
Registered
528 Posts
i wanna see the fenders

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
will take some better pictures tomorrow

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
The radiator covers would be cool, especially if they had a nice design. The plastics are garbage. As far as the wheels, I have no idea if they would be a big hit. I would ponder them as my ITP's are thrashed from racing a winterseries, so I am in the market for new wheels and tires. The could prolly do some cool A-arm skids or something like that.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I think Baxter makes a very good point. Products that others make would not be too good for OCC or us. Too limited of a parts run makes the parts produced too expensive for us and them. However, parts that can be mass produced and are not made by others for our quad would do better for us and them because they'd be the only ones making the part. Dashboard perhaps... I know that TrailTech makes a dashboard for our quad, but it's for use with their computer. I also like Baxter's idea of a shift lever and rear brake lever. While things like a custom bumper and rims may be cool, they'd also have competition from other companies and may not get enough interest and sales from 700xx owners to be viable. JMO

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I think Baxter makes a very good point. Products that others make would not be too good for OCC or us. Too limited of a parts run makes the parts produced too expensive for us and them. However, parts that can be mass produced and are not made by others for our quad would do better for us and them because they'd be the only ones making the part. Dashboard perhaps... I know that TrailTech makes a dashboard for our quad, but it's for use with their computer. I also like Baxter's idea of a shift lever and rear brake lever. While things like a custom bumper and rims may be cool, they'd also have competition from other companies and may not get enough interest and sales from 700xx owners to be viable. JMO

roadkill
2nd

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guess what we should start a wish list and see what they can do for us, know that with their milling machines they can more likely do everything we ask for but again we need to have a demand or else it wouldn't be worth their time and money. Perhaps if Phucknutz will get involve, we could order a certain amount of items and sell them ourselves.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts