340 Posts
Bro the guys a gun. He almost one the Fink first time out on the 700xx

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
He gets his own custom graphics made by some mob in the States (I forget who they are). Baxter he done Fink before the Safari I think and almost pulled it of first time out, some minor problems slowed him up and kept him from winning. Dont quote me but it went something like that, since our only quad magazine died its hard to hear about these things.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i reckon you should give the finke a go baxter, its not that bad if you love bike eating whops, washouts, huge ruts made by 50 trophy trucks, and thats for about 230 of the 253km. but then go get to camp in the middle of the bush knowing when you wake up at 6:00am you have to do it all again to get back to alice springs.

hoping to make it there and back this yr, had a huge crash in 5th pinned last good friday prerunning the track

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I wish I could do it , I don't think I would have the nerves to do it though.
I have the greatest respect for the desert guys. 5th gear pinned and hoping its not gunna kick me off whatever I hit. We have a guy (Matt) that works for us that does combining for us in the UK then ships off to Australia in October and drives a combine there. He's always talking about the Finke and one of his buddies over there has just sent in his papers for the 2011 Finke . Matt also wants to try it one year.
I'll do a desert race one day.

Also AusTrx700xx , Thank you posting all the vids and if you try again I wish you Godspeed. Thanks buddy and keep posting the vids.:D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does anyone know how to post a vid without it posting two of them?
This vid was taken just near where i watched the race from and it would have to be hands down the besrt driving of the event, the speed in which the driver had to react is unreal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts