Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd pass along that I got an auto clutch from EFM and it's amazing. No more clutching when you shift, makes you hella faster when it comes to woods racing, plus no worries when you come to a stop, engine still runs. Plus you still have all the engine braking as normal. I would highly suggest this for $600 and it will make your riding much easier... FYI EFM's auto clutch is basically identical to the Rekluse clutch set up.

·
Registered
425 Posts
got a link?

Rebuildable?

and how often does it need adjustment?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just thought I'd pass along that I got an auto clutch from EFM and it's amazing. No more clutching when you shift, makes you hella faster when it comes to woods racing, plus no worries when you come to a stop, engine still runs. Plus you still have all the engine braking as normal. I would highly suggest this for $600 and it will make your riding much easier... FYI EFM's auto clutch is basically identical to the Rekluse clutch set up.
I talked with Gary about a month and a half ago, and at that time it was send in the stock clutch, they'd mod and send it back with a spacer. Is that what you did? They seem to have a good rep for the high HP Harley crowd.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Free hand for your beer:tup:, I'm kidding of course.

I want one for the best of both worlds. These clutches allow you the "on demand" choice of auto or not. In the tight eastern woods, they are a HUGE advantage on bikes, and all of the utility quads run them. For me it's about choice. I am very excited to see that someone else bit the bullet on this and can give us some feedback...my wallet is open!

·
Registered
199 Posts
My wifes 250ex has a sport clutch. It has a manual clutch, but you don't have to use it,she doesn't. I allways use it. I tried to ride without using the clutch but I can't. without even knowing I'm doing it, I instinctivly use the clutch.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know what you mean Kenny, I rode almost exclusively bikes for all my life. My wife wants to ride this, and just cant seem to get the clutch thing down. So that could be a bonus for her. She rides the Recon, your wifes EX's utility brother and it is total auto.

I personally wouldn't mind it for some of the more technical stuff we have here. As was said by another member in Kuyaths other post, longevity is key. I know EFM makes good products for the street, so I can only hope.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I went with a 13t front sprocket for the technical trails. Heck, I can almost idle through the woods.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i had a rekluce on my ktm 450 and a revloc on my xr600 and i cant wait to get a auto on the 700xx. i also have a 13t but until you ride really nasty log covered, rocky ,slick ,root infested , deep ruts ,steep long clay slick hills , then you will value the auto clutch as i do. ill be on the phone tomorrow to efm.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i had a rekluce on my ktm 450 and a revloc on my xr600 and i cant wait to get a auto on the 700xx. i also have a 13t but until you ride really nasty log covered, rocky ,slick ,root infested , deep ruts ,steep long clay slick hills , then you will value the auto clutch as i do. ill be on the phone tomorrow to efm.
I am too. Well, maybe not tomorrow. Shoot me a PM if you find out they need the stock clutch please. Or just post it here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bax, when I talked to them earlier this year, it was a spacer for the cover. I think the mod makes it a bit "thicker" than stock and requires it to have a spacer. I'm anxiously awaiting Kuyath's input.

·
Registered
528 Posts
if i buy one for a trx450, would my girlfriend be able to put it from neutral to first without the clutch? if so im ordering one

·
Registered
101 Posts
jjohn i talk to them today and yes they need for me to send in the stock clutch to them

·
Registered
80 Posts
if i buy one for a trx450, would my girlfriend be able to put it from neutral to first without the clutch? if so im ordering one
Rekluse makes one for the 450, that was my first choice. My wife was supposed to be riding the Rhino, but now it is easier to bring a quad. So, yes, you will no longer need a clutch on the 450 and Rekluse has one in stock.

·
Registered
80 Posts
jjohn i talk to them today and yes they need for me to send in the stock clutch to them
Thats what I thought. I am going to wait on some longevity info from Kuyath befor eI pull the trigger. I am sure it will be fine, I just dont like modding the stock stuff.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
What is the price for it? $625 like the other dirt ones? Also they only had dirt bikes listed. Did they make something special for you or do you just have to call them and they actually have one for our application?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
YO, Sorry been outta town. Yes it does make it about 1" thicker. He provides you with a spacer so you put that on there along with the longer bolts and it works fine.. But yes, you do have to take your clutch out and send it to him to get this done. Takes about 2 weeks but worth the wait. Only modification needed is to bend the brake lever out about 1/2 inch so it clears the clutch cover with the spacer. Over all it works great and is basically identical to a rekluse.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Tire

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Rim Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Sorry, it's a bit dirty from racing, but here are the pictures of the spacer.. Plus check out my ride height, order some elka's with 2" of sag then drop them to the ground, much more stability, no body role, and perfect for woods racing.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.