Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my rear outside CV Boots was letting grease out so I figured I would put a new one on. I got the joint off the end of the axle and saw the clip on the end of the axle. We contimplated on how to get the joint back over the clip but came up with no other way to get it back on but to pound it over back on. Well, the clip ended up breaking of course and I ordered a couple new ones this week.

Any tips on getting the joint over the clip without breaking it again??

Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to hit it with a hammer to get it off though. I'm stumped tried for another hour and a half yesterday no luck.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Try going to the dealership and asking the mechanic how to do this. Most are friendly and will give good advise.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Push it firmly in place and tap it gently the clip should close on itself and let the outer shaft slide in. Maybe try to push the clip with 2 flat screwdriver to help while
someone tap on the outer shaft. These are real bitch to slide in. Also I use artic cat boots from kimpex they are 20$ with grease and bands, I am at my third.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.