Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trx has to be road legal to be ridden in the uk.. Everything expired (tax, insurance etc) and the read end needed a total rebuild as everything was worn so it was laid up and i rode the enduro bike instead.. Decided its time to fix the quad up and get it certified again.. now comes the task of getting everthing apart and ordering new parts as i miss riding it..
at 57yrs old am i still up to it?? We shall see

·
Administrator
5,901 Posts
My trx has to be road legal to be ridden in the uk.. Everything expired (tax, insurance etc) and the read end needed a total rebuild as everything was worn so it was laid up and i rode the enduro bike instead.. Decided its time to fix the quad up and get it certified again.. now comes the task of getting everthing apart and ordering new parts as i miss riding it..
at 57yrs old am i still up to it?? We shall see
Welcome back! This place is slow as all get out, with most of the action on the 4 or 5 Facebook pages.

The inboard outboard joints are a task, good luck. I recently purchase a used axel and rear carrier set for $250. Maybe you can find someone else parting a 700xx like I did. My rear end is still good, as I replaced the joints awhile back, I just wanted the parts in case.

And I turn 60 this year, so you have some riding time left. Also recently purchased a rzr trail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The trx is as rare as rocking horse poop in the uk.. I did a search on how many are road legal and got zero.. I know thats not correct as my friend has one thats currently road legal.
Used parts and aftermarket parts are virtually non existent on ebay, other than the usual brakes and a whole load of other chinese parts that look nothing like the right ones..
Will be around $1000 to replace all the worn parts.. but it had been ridden hard for 7 years so the drive shafts are well beyong their sell by date !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts