Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Most Baja racers prerun their section of the course at least a couple of times. This helps to find bad areas of the course but doesn't really help with booby traps because they build them just hours before the racers come through.

If there is a big crowd of people hanging out thats when you need to be careful. Lots of people have been hurt by these traps.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
That's some crazy shit! I never thought someone would do that! Need to tell the chickens to watch out though...

what'd the chicken say when he crossed the road in mexico?.........

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's some crazy shit! I never thought someone would do that! Need to tell the chickens to watch out though...

what'd the chicken say when he crossed the road in mexico?.........
I better joke would be:

"What is the first thing to pass through a chicken's mind when he steps on a Baja raceway?"

"His ass."

It's an old mosquito/windsheild joke from when I grew up.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
671 Posts
I only race in the states, and since the courses are closed, booby traps are not something I have to deal with. I have also heard and seen video of locals in Baja throwing stuff at the riders. I know people that have been hit with beer bottles, rocks, etc. Just another danger of racing in Baja.

You ever get passed by a trophy truck? I bet that is some scary (dusty) stuff.
I have been. The only race we ever really get caught by them is Vegas to Reno. Luckly it is near the end of the race so they are pretty spread out. Once we get caught, I am always looking over my shoulder to see if someone is behind me. My biggest fear is being in a silt bed and a truck has zero visibility but is driving by GPS and plows into the back of me. It can get a little stressful at times, but something you have to deal with. All the cars/trucks that have ever passed me have been very courtious and respectful.

Doug

1 - 12 of 12 Posts