Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went down to georges in the pine barrens today, its 1300 acres of all sand. i was with a bunch of my ppl and we all lined up to drag race two banshee's ,cann am 440, raptor 660 and 700r, 250r. i won every race we did. i have big 3 and 700r was stock but i pulled on him like 10 lengths everytime. the banshees i was in front of also the whole time. i am impressed after hearing some bad things about ppl talking shit saying the 700r is faster

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Depends greatly on tires in the sand. You should be faster than a stock 700r with equal tires and skill level. Great kill story either way!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Group buy for gopro helmet cams so people can get these races on film!

even if you film it, put a Pro behind the wheel, and have a grocery list of mods, and have it certified by the supreme court...people will still doubt it.

But im all for people filming mad skillz on the intraweb

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good Job on the racing.

I sure hope some of you take me up on my offer to come ride with us at St Anthony in July. I would really like to get a chance to throw a leg over one of your 700XX's.

What did the banshees have, and how did they stack up against the 700r?
In all honesty, Banshees aren't that fast in stock form. Like any quad the performance comes from throwing money at them. :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
We have a place near the outskirts of vegas called Apex, Alot of quad owners avoid this place because its has very unpredictable terrain. I was one of them that avoided it...but not anymore.

Dunes are fun....wooded trails are fun....Baja runs are fun...even snow and rock climbing is fun. done them all in a span of the 5 first months owning this quad, before i started mods.

Point being if you ride a well built 700XX at the dunes and are not impressed...then you missed out what it can do well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
There's lots of banshees that ride at little sahara in oklahoma. I didnt go race them when I had the chance. Only had my 700xx about a week when I went out there, and most of the banshees had more money in mods that iI do in my quad! I am kindof curious how I'd fair against a banshee with an extra foot of swing arm and nitrous..............

·
Registered
505 Posts
There's lots of banshees that ride at little sahara in oklahoma. I didnt go race them when I had the chance. Only had my 700xx about a week when I went out there, and most of the banshees had more money in mods that iI do in my quad! I am kindof curious how I'd fair against a banshee with an extra foot of swing arm and nitrous..............
A highly modded banshee will eat you (and me) for breakfast.

·
Registered
253 Posts
We have a place near the outskirts of vegas called Apex, Alot of quad owners avoid this place because its has very unpredictable terrain. I was one of them that avoided it...but not anymore.
Nellis/Apex used to be one of the best places to go out for a nice day trip, or even for the weekend. It's literally less than 30 minutes from my front door. My dad and uncles were some of the first guys out there. Used to take their trikes up there every week. It's also the first place I learned to ride. The terrain was never a problem for us, nice mix of sand and desert riding. Problem with it now is that a good majority of the people that go out there don't respect anything. Leaving trash everywhere, riding without proper equipment (helmets, flags, etc). It's terrible. Don't get me wrong, there are still good people out there but the others leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Last time I went out there I saw four kids on one utility quad. Two on the seat then one on each rack. Not one had a helmet on and only one had shoes on... Not to mention the oldest one was eight or nine at the most. It seems like most of the people that I see doing these things are Mexicans. I'm by no means a racist, this is just my observation. I rode up to a dude who was buried a good 5-6" in the sand up on a dune with a big utility quad (same one the kids were on). I offered him help but he couldn't understand a word I was saying. He was riding with sandals, no helmet and no shirt. Luckily I speak a little Spanish myself and was able to explain to him that I was going to help him out. Then of course you have all the punk kids riding around thrashing their bikes, jumping off cliffs and crap. It's hard to enjoy a ride when I'm constantly looking out for other idiots...

Sorry for the rant but it really makes me mad. I miss the old Nellis Dunes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
rappy: Next time I make it up there.....I'm gonna try it anyway. I'm ok with loosing to something that modified.

bkelley: What you said. We have miles and miles of sandy riverbed here in sw oklahoma, that you used to could ride in.......but a few ppl leaving trash behind and messing with farm equipment and stuff like that has got everything closed off.

·
Registered
505 Posts
rappy: Next time I make it up there.....I'm gonna try it anyway. I'm ok with loosing to something that modified.

bkelley: What you said. We have miles and miles of sandy riverbed here in sw oklahoma, that you used to could ride in.......but a few ppl leaving trash behind and messing with farm equipment and stuff like that has got everything closed off.
By all means...I have no problem losing myself, just be ready to eat his rooster and wear a thick shirt and full face helmet so you don't get sand/rock blasted...been there done that and it hurts:D

·
Registered
40 Posts

Dunes are fun....wooded trails are fun....Baja runs are fun...even snow and rock climbing is fun. done them all in a span of the 5 first months owning this quad, before i started mods.

Point being if you ride a well built 700XX at the dunes and are not impressed...then you missed out what it can do well.
All the more reason to come ride St Anthony next summer. If you like Apex, you wil Freak Out over St A. Two of our KFX guys live in the Vegas area and come ride with us every year. Maybe you could hook up with them and follow them there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
All the more reason to come ride St Anthony next summer. If you like Apex, you wil Freak Out over St A. Two of our KFX guys live in the Vegas area and come ride with us every year. Maybe you could hook up with them and follow them there.
St. Anthony's in Idaho? Went there a few months ago, absolutely insane.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had my bike up there and maybe put 5 hours on it throughout the entire week. Kinda hard to pass up to opportunity to drive a sand car with a turbo charged Subaru motor that kicks out around 800HP.

The one on the right:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Apex to me is actually kinda boring. Places like Glamis, Dumont and Armagosa...are hours away for sand.

But yes i im down to ride anywhere if job permits. Right Now im in afghanistan..been here since june, and not returning till January. I travel a hell of a lot, and its the sole reason my 700xx does not have a built motor and a overbuilt suspension....yet.:hey:

There are times i wish i could bring my quad here, hell dodgin landmines would be fun.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well I found that banshee to race me.....couldn't find a stock or lightly modded one, but at least the one i found didn't have nitrous! He had a good 40 feet on me by fourth gear, but he also had an extra foot of swingarm, sand tires, a few thousand dollars worth of big bore kit, carbs, pipes, reeds, even a different crank and tranny! There was more that I don't remember and I'm sure more he didn't tell me.

Also lined up witth a raptor 700. He had sand tires, and claimed to be stock other than that. I hit the rev limiter in 2nd gear and he got ahead, but I'd caught back up by fourth. Still gave him the win even if only by a foot.
Had several trx450r's run me. None had less than sand tires and exhaust (no idea what else they had) One of them would pull away, the rest of them I was either pulling away from right off the line or playing catchup and passing them by fourth gear.
Oh yeah, there was a 400ex there too.........but ya'll know what happened to him.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts