Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I am trying to put on some foam grips and the screws holding the bar weights turned a few times and then stopped, wont go any further. Both sides same story. Am I missing something?
Thanks
Tchui

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
You trying to take weights out, or reuse them with new grips? The end cap screw from factory dosent crank down super tight. Not sure what you mean or if I should of responded. But some more info maybe and a picture or two may help.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
re use them with new (foam) grips. you need to loosen the screws right at the end of the bars to get the weights out but they wont budge...

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Again not to sure so sorry, but I dont think you need to take weights out just to change grips? If you do a search theres post on getting the weights out thou. I put on hand guards with new weight inserts. So I just placed bolt 1/2 way into weight, and hooked a claw hammer over it, and then used a 2nd hammer to beat it out. Took a few good licks. I guess thou if you can place 2 small screw drivers on the right two places it helps releave pressure on the clip. Good luck!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
clamped the outer black plastic bit with a claw and the screws then let go, it was alot of lock tight doing its job. foam grips are on now. i love foam grips! all bikes should have them as standard i reckon!
pro grip 786 which you dont get in usa!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Good deal, toss up some pictures when you get a chance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts