Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering how loud the Barker can get. Looking for a DB Reading!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Perfectly loud...
You will be addicted to the sound!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what i though hahaha!!! What about with the QC???? I have yet to Try the Braker with the QC sense i bought the Big3. The reason Y I'em asking is that im planning on entering an upcoming race and they have a 99DB MAX Rule witch is horse shit!!!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Thats what i though hahaha!!! What about with the QC???? I have yet to Try the Braker with the QC sense i bought the Big3. The reason Y I'em asking is that im planning on entering an upcoming race and they have a 99DB MAX Rule witch is horse shit!!!

The Barker with the quiet core will be alot less than 99 dbs , I think Roadkill got tested and was about 93 dbs.. Not quite the British 92dbs , we have to have but very close.
Barkers without "QC" is about 100dbs,ish. You could get below 99 dbs with just the spark arrester and not running the full QC.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
youll have to use the quiet core in race that will bring it down to 96decibels with new packing witout qc and new packing it is 103 decibels if you use qc you might need to adjust the fuel controller a little also

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
youll have to use the quiet core in race that will bring it down to 96decibels with new packing witout qc and new packing it is 103 decibels if you use qc you might need to adjust the fuel controller a little also
It was measured less with the "QC" by a Park Ranger in California, this is the most strictess I have know besides the UK.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info guys!!!

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Basically it's about 100-105db with brand new packing. Like Boost said. It gets louder everytime you ride it. Mine has about 30 hours on it and it will make your ears ring! :lol:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
It is because the packing gets forced all to the end. At least that is what Valk found out anyways. He's on his 3rd packing I think

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Actually, I got tested by a FS ranger and tested at 92db with the QC. Between running with and without the QC, you'll need to adjust your EFI controller by .5 in green, yellow and red mode.

Settings...
Without QC
Green = 3.5
Yellow = 3.5
Red = 3

With QC
Green = 3
Yellow = 3
Red = 2.5

roadkill

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From new Barker how long till it needs to get re-packed ???

·
Registered
239 Posts
i have had my barkers almost a year now and still run the original packing... hahaha this son of a gun is LOUD!! park ranger got me a few weeks ago at 114db (believe me or not).... my friends say they hear me for miles and when i race the announcer pauses when i come by!! LOVE IT....You can hear the air turbulence coming out of the pipe

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
i have had my barkers almost a year now and still run the original packing... hahaha this son of a gun is LOUD!! park ranger got me a few weeks ago at 114db (believe me or not).... my friends say they hear me for miles and when i race the announcer pauses when i come by!! LOVE IT....You can hear the air turbulence coming out of the pipe

Just because the original packing is in there doesn't mean that it isn't all smashed to one end. Have you taken apart and looked at it. Once it gets way louder it is usually all smashed to the end

·
Registered
239 Posts
Im have shreds of packing coming out all over the place and im sure it is all packed at the end what little bit is left lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts