Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
WOW great price!! Does anyone know which exhaust has a deeper tone, Barkers or HMF (Competition).

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldnt know. But everything i have researched on barker and their exhuast made me want their product. I held out because i thought 629.00$ was a little steep for a single exhuast. but i found this guy and talked to him a bit on the phone and ordered one. They seem pretty cool. The reason it wont be here till friday is due to me ordering it Saturday on Memorial day weekend. But i have a tracking number and it will be here Friday so im excited.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Good luck with it! Remember you should definatly get an efi programer with full exhaust. And i would also get 13T sprocket and new filter if you don't already have em.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I would try the 13T, its cheap and you can always go back to 14T. I would also get the EHS lid.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah ill definately look in to the 13 tooth and the lid. But first i have to get some paddles for wiggins. I have to take it 1 thing at a time.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I got my exhuast thinking there might be some catch to this 479.99 price tag and there was not. Absolutely satisfied. If your in the market get it now while it last. I totaly recommend this site and there customer service.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Thinking about it but can't find the quiet core on their web site. Like mine to be quiet.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'm guessing you cant get it powder coated black or the red brackets from that place??

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the clamp was a billet black clamp. and your right they do not offer all the options. its just the basic barkers set. I talk to the guy and thats how they save the customer the money. he buys the basic in bulk. if you want the powder coating you will have to go to barkers site. how ever as for the quiet core its 20.00 bucks on barkers site so that still puts you at 499.99. still a good deal.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yea that is a good deal. I think I'm leaning towards the HMF competition for $516 because of the 3 inserts. The only think I'm worried about is setting up an EHS programmer for HMF exhaust, velocity filter, and EHS lid.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
. The only think I'm worried about is setting up an EHS programmer for HMF exhaust, velocity filter, and EHS lid.
dont be worried call EHS and they will set it up for you. All you will have to do is pull it out of the box and ride.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yea thats true, I'm sure full Barkers and HMF EFI settings are pretty close also.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That is a good deal. Do I need the ehs programer to run it or can i just run it alone? Since ehs is teamed up with barker would it be better to get exhaust and efi from them?

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
You need to run a prgrammer with a full exhuast which this one is. I found it is cheaper to buy a PCIII an intake and this exhuast. But if you want to go with ehs thats good to. To me it was just easier to use the PCIII programmer because im more familuar with it. Plus the ehs package is just a lid and not a new intake. I will be buying their lid soon though cause it is wicked. its all about what you think suites you best.

Barker Exhuast 479.99
PCIII 259.99
Velocity intake 99.99

EHS Big 3 829.99

·
Registered
755 Posts
That is a good deal. Do I need the ehs programer to run it or can i just run it alone? Since ehs is teamed up with barker would it be better to get exhaust and efi from them?
You pretty much need an efi programmer for full exhaust and you can call EHS racing and tell them you already have full Barkers and they will adjust the settings on the programmer before they ship it. Just be sure to mention other mods like air filter or airbox lid.

·
Registered
40 Posts
if one had to choose between the barker and sparks which one makes the most power? Saw a link to a raptor forum but it was a barker dual and a sparks single so hard to gauge which is better.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.