Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has ne one recieved a new one or heard any more on what there gonna do about the heat shield problems?? i no they were talking bout making new ones n i contacted barker n ehs n havent heard back

·
Registered
132 Posts
I got my pipe in the mail yesterday the heat shield is a lot longer and w/o looking at it I think it wraps a little more. It is definitely longer. I haven't got to ride yet or have I ridden with the other shield obviously, so I can't tell you if it works better. It is substantially bigger though.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
eclipse if you have some aluminum sheet you could make one easy. If my buddy was still in Maryland i would have him hook you up. I did hear barker wasnt sending out any moore xx exhausts untill he corrected the issue. How true that is i dont know. But if it is true that means he might be about to contact you guys about getting you replacement shields.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i sure hope something happens soon, i contacted them awhile ago tho... i dont think im talented enough to make my own lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hope they make a new heat sheild and GIVE it to everyone thats bought the exhaust. I have a nasty burn on my leg right now from that pipe. I called EHS about 3wks ago and Eric said that they were fabbin up a new one.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i have a few horse shoe burns too in my calf

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hope they make a new heat shield cause today mine fell off :mad:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I got to ride with the new heat shield this weekend. It gets hot but i was wearing shorts and it wasnt bad at all. It took about a week and a half after i ordered to get it. It screams too had a lot of fun on it this weekend

·
Registered
112 Posts
PICS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got to ride with the new heat shield this weekend. It gets hot but i was wearing shorts and it wasnt bad at all. It took about a week and a half after i ordered to get it. It screams too had a lot of fun on it this weekend

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ill take some tomorrow

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sorry wont be able to get pics my camera got some water damage this weekend and it shot craps on me. I can tell you that its longer than the older ones i have seen on here. It does get warm and I made sure to keep my leg away from it but like I said I rode in shorts most of the weekend, and didnt have any problems. I had it wide open in fifth for some good stretches so if she was gonna get hot she would have. It works well. It looks exactly the same just bigger

·
Registered
112 Posts
anyone out there have pics of the new heat shield yet????
Jason

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just got my barkers returned to me today. I was one of the 2 people that got pipes with bad clearances but I gotta say it worked out for the best in the end the pipe seems to be higher quality than the last one they sent me. Anyways here's a pic of the new heatsheild.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Woulda been nice if they would have ceremic coated the heat shield too! Kinda sticks out like a sore thumb. But it looks like a pretty good heat shield.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Fits my bikes color scheme so I never really noticed it looking odd. Good thing I got the bigger shield this thing gets hot.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts