Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was ridin and my heatshield fell off. From lookin at these pics a 'new' headshield wont fit the old head pipe...does anyone think EHS will give me a new headpipe or would I have to buy one?

·
Registered
437 Posts
umm buy one.....there customer service is great but thats pushin it...and....i'd go through barker since EHS just sells and doesnt make them....if you want a new heat shield that bad buy one and drill the hole where its needed

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Universal have you installed it yet? Be carefull installing the billet clamp make sure you install it from the header side so you dont scratch anything. you will love that exhaust it was the best thing i put on my bike so far.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Universal have you installed it yet?

No I haven't yet as I still need the lid and a controller. I am unfortunatly up in the air still about the controller. I read and read and read but am still not 100% yet. EHS or the PC? This week I will order one or the other. I set a goal. :nuts:

Did you get the 10% off coupon from them in your email ? Would have made that exhaust Super cheap... This was a great find, im glad you posted it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was going to make me one but....one of the allen head screws stripped out on me. So I got to get it out before I can install my new one. I can get sheet metal of all shapes and sizes. I was going to make me one out of Aluminum, I wil post some pics as soon as I get it done. Any ideas on how to get the screw out. I have an easy out, I hope it will work ...

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
easy out is the way to go just make sure you use the correct size drill bit or you will have trouble getting the easy out to bite. also Universal make sure you tighten the heatshield screws before you ride. I went riding over the fourth and one of the screws started backing out. I dont think they are torqued before shipping.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Standard Heat Sheild

Boys, why dont you use your standard heat guard, I used mine with the HMF header and it looks good still matches that Factory gold look. I know one thing it looks way better than the Barker heat sheild thats for sure.

Overlord

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
i was told that it wouldnt fit... it so ill deff use it bc i gave up on writing ehs n tbarker still no word n like 5 emails later

·
Registered
340 Posts
Man, it fits perfectly on my HMF header pipe small adjustment to the clamps and its on.

Overlord

21 - 36 of 36 Posts