·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? I wonder if the programmer is set wrong. I just floor it and let off the throttle really quick and it does it.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Well I've never payed attention. Maybe if I did it at night I would be able to see it. But then my neighbors would be calling the cops! Lol

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
my dmc exhaust was doin that when i had the fuel too rich. I leaned it up a bit, but havnt ran it with the lights off again to check.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
hahahaha now just wait till some one sits the the grab bar then do it....

·
Registered
437 Posts
makes sense you're at idle, bliping the throttle dumping a bunch of gas in the cyl, cutting the rpms, the vacumn persist for a moment resulting in excess and unburnt fuel entering a hot exhaust and ignighting......my bet is this doesn't happen on sustained runs or with gradual accel or decel....if it does get it tuned....if not most likely caused by a loose nut somewhere between the seat and the throttle lever...:D

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The first three settings on the EHS programmer is 4,4,3.5 I know recommended is 3.5,3.5,3 but i have the side vents and uni filter and it was backfireing on deacceleration with those settings.

·
Registered
437 Posts
unless your motor is built side vents dont mean anything...they are trivial at best....run at the EHS recommended settings you have listed

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
unless your motor is built side vents dont mean anything...they are trivial at best....run at the EHS recommended settings you have listed
Thanks I'll try that, I haven't ridden much since the big 3. I normally run the quiet core anyway and use 3.5,3.5,3 but mite try 3,3,2.5, i think i tryed that first but it backfired a bit and the header was glowing which is signs of leanness.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts