Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background..... NONE :)

Header bolts up to engine.... CHECK!

My question is, do I really just slide the 2 pipes together? Shouldn't I clamp them together or something? Just seems like it would leak where they connect?

Sorry for the n00b question.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup just seen the spot for the spring.

Just seems weird like I should have something else to seal it.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
The Barkers uses a exhaust header gasket, unlike the Sparks. The flange is half as thick Sparks, that uses the longer 450r exhaust bolts. I like both exhaust, but the Sparks is built alot stronger/ better:tup:
I won't even get into the repacking of the Barkers muffler lol.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the big 3 + uni in finally. It was storming so I just fired it up and reved it 3 or 4 short times.

I was in a closed garage..... I could see smoke coming from it which I didn't notice before and even when I shut her off it billowed out slowly for a few seconds. Also it was scalding to touch near the header just after about 15 seconds....

Normal?

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
The Barkers uses a exhaust header gasket, unlike the Sparks. The flange is half as thick Sparks, that uses the longer 450r exhaust bolts. I like both exhaust, but the Sparks is built alot stronger/ better:tup:
I won't even get into the repacking of the Barkers muffler lol.
What problems did you run into with the Barkers boost? I have the Barkers on my sled and XX. I give that exhaust an absolute beating and I haven't had a single problem. I think its a great exhaust and puts down some awesome power!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
or use high temp orange rtv...

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I think he was talking about the thickness of the header flange. The sparks is thicker. Also he mentioned the Barker's being a pain in the arse to repack the muffler.

I have the Barker pipe and i absolutely love it! Sounds unbelievable!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the big 3 + uni in finally. It was storming so I just fired it up and reved it 3 or 4 short times.

I was in a closed garage..... I could see smoke coming from it which I didn't notice before and even when I shut her off it billowed out slowly for a few seconds. Also it was scalding to touch near the header just after about 15 seconds....

Normal?

Reposted this Sorry Didn't want it lost on page 1. :-D

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
White Smoke - YES
To Much Oil - It's Possible....

Should I removed the Filter and try to dry it out some? And Think I did any damage in the 15-20 seconds it was running.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thought I got it out pretty well guess I was wrong :)

I was pretty stoked, I put on.....

Barkers Exhaust
EHS Controller
EHS Lid
Uni Filter
Laser Plat Plug
Sway Bar
Stealth Bumper

Was finally ready to take her out and a Hail/Lightning storm rolls in.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
new pipes smoke for a little bit the have oils on them that need to burn off they are supposed to be hot also :), you could of over oiled filter as well

why is a thicker header flange a good thing it only needs to be strong enough to hold the pipe on

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also,

Right behind where the pipes come together with the spring. It seems to be touching or VERY near a bolt coming out of the engine.

Tried to adjust it some but it pretty much has no wiggle room.

Sorry with all the questions/concerns......

10th time buying first time modding myself :-D

1 - 20 of 63 Posts