Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
The RC racing pipe is rubbish and is not in the same league as the Barker or the HMF.
So what kind of evidence do you have that they are rubbish or not in the same league? Dyno charts? Personal experience? Post up some proof if you have some.

I know they are actually from a company called Flow Exhaust, I don't think AC actually builds or designs them, I think they just badge them and sell them as there own. I know a couple of people that run them out in the desert on there 450R's, they really like them. Great pipe for the price. I know they are quiet also. If I would have known about them before I bought my HMF, I would have bought one. Might try one anyway, I really like a quiet exhaust. Riding a quad for miles on end pinned in fifth gear is enough to give you a headache!

Doug

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
To tell you the truth, I can't give you an honest answer because I haven't tried the Barkers... I can only tell you by experience with those pipes on other quads, and from the reviews.. You just can't go wrong with any.. IMHO, it comes down to looks.. Which style do you like better?.. because, if there is any difference, it will be MINIMAL...
I have to agree w/ Ceballos here, it is mainly going to boil down to looks. I think a lot of people like the barker's because they can get it from EHS Racing, which has a big impact on this site. Eric works closely with these machines and is very pro-active at helping people out, and deals w/ mainly Barkers on the site (not saying you are biased or anything Eric, just that Barker and you are hand in hand which I think is awesome). The fact that Eric answers pretty much any and all questions about his set up I believe is the main reason a lot of people go with the Barkers (plus it looks sick). When it comes to power gains, I think you will find most of them to be close to equal, and if it is sound you're looking for, then I am not sure, but just run w/ your CAN off haha. I have the FMF q4.1 and I like it, second machine I've had one on, and I ride it more like a two stroke and people always think it's a 2 stroke when I'm behind them. You can ask Nash, I believe he said something about it. I don't think I've seen a barker's yet on a bike, or heard one rather, but I think the all black looks sick.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I disagree... I mean, yes it's a good pipe, but it's not like HMF, FMF, ALBA, BIG GUN are garbage.... These are all good pipes.. so is MOTOWORKS, DASA, and even DUNCAN has one out which is looking pretty sick!
That's cool. Different opinions are fine by me, just different experiences is all. Garbage may have been reading way more into my comment than what was meant.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Barker's is the only exhaust I've seen dyno charts for and its the cheapest. I looked around a long time before buying and Barker had the best price and it makes sick power. Does anyone have dyno charts for these other exhausts? Even if another exhaust were to make power it wont be much over Barker at all. Barker= big bang for buck.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I have to agree w/ Ceballos here, it is mainly going to boil down to looks. I think a lot of people like the barker's because they can get it from EHS Racing, which has a big impact on this site. Eric works closely with these machines and is very pro-active at helping people out, and deals w/ mainly Barkers on the site (not saying you are biased or anything Eric, just that Barker and you are hand in hand which I think is awesome). The fact that Eric answers pretty much any and all questions about his set up I believe is the main reason a lot of people go with the Barkers (plus it looks sick). When it comes to power gains, I think you will find most of them to be close to equal, and if it is sound you're looking for, then I am not sure, but just run w/ your CAN off haha. I have the FMF q4.1 and I like it, second machine I've had one on, and I ride it more like a two stroke and people always think it's a 2 stroke when I'm behind them. You can ask Nash, I believe he said something about it. I don't think I've seen a barker's yet on a bike, or heard one rather, but I think the all black looks sick.
Im glad i help:thanks:

I have tested a lot of exhaust over the last few years not just mine many, many customers so i get to see a lot that most dont. Believe me i break way more hearts on my dyno than i get excited smiles when it comes to what they thought they were going to reach for a hp #.

I will have to say the barker exhaust are the best performing ones for anything i have tested over and over again. Now i havent done back to back shootout between 20 pipes at one time but i do get to see a lot of stuff. There is one big difference between barkers and pretty much all other pipes and its in the mid pipe if you look at the reverse megaphone design then inside there what you cant see is another reverse megaphone. I have seen other pipes with almost the same bend, size shape etc put down a considerable less # and the only main difference was this feature. So there is more to me picking Tim's exhaust than he is my buddy his stuff works well.

There are a few other compaines systems that i like as well some mentioned here, i prefer to stay with the smaller companies (maybe not small but they are not plastered through everybody's parts unlimited catalog etc) if you know what i mean. I used to be a big fan of "insert one of big company name" systems before i had my dyno,and not that im not now but some of above and beyond service i like to get is not there. For example i have had several customers damage head pipes that i sold them that i got direct from the company but they would not sell me just a head pipe they were just like sorry guess he will have to buy a new system. I had one damage a barker head pipe this spring i called them they said yeah no problem i think i have $$ in it, sell it for $$ + $25 and i will help the guy out which in my opinion is awsome. I think barkers have had a few little growing pains and final product issues that i have been helping them with but overall they have been very good backing up there exhaust. i dont think they have left anybody unhappy to my knowledge.

anyways back to the point there will be a few systems that are close with the barker for the 700xx but i dont think any will beat it, i may get proven wrong but i highly doubt it. Back to off point but some of you guys might find it an interesting read.

http://www.americansportbike.com/Exhaust_Shootout.html

(its for a buell)

the barker pipe cost a 1/3 of most other systems in the test puts down more HP and TQ and is quieter. Pretty well kicked but IMO

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.