Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I ride the 700xx and polaris rzr in the UK and really want to organise a trip to the US. I would like to do the dunes etc. It's something we never get the chance to experience. It wouldn't be for a couple of years but I was wondering:

1) where is the best place is to go? (We don't want flat sand it has to be interesting!)

2) How could I go about hiring bikes and side by sides! (I see lots of adverts saying"driving experience", we are all very experienced on mud and steep ground, but I am sure sand will be totally different but we want to ride hard not mess about in the passenger seat)

3) any ideas are more than welcome, maybe we could even go trail riding as well!

cheers!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I would look at places such as moab, utah; glamis; little sahara. Mkght be able to find a place to rent rides.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
A top choice would be Glamis in California (Imperial Dunes) Miles and miles of just awesome dunes. Pismo (Oceana Dunes) also in California near San Louis Obispo. Oregon Dunes on the Oregon coast, Sand Mountain near Fallon, Nevada.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I would do Glamis during Thanksgiving, that place is alive during that weekend and it's basically a small town in the desert with all the people there. The other places are also real nice including Silver Lake in Michigan.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I start work at glamis norh koa in nov i bet we good hook u up with everything u might want they also have alot of desert riding right out of camp an the north dunes about 2 miles out check it out i also live in richfeild utah in the summer home to alot of trails called the piaute trail system check out atv utah.com stay in touch u will have a ride of your life

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Hi

I ride the 700xx and polaris rzr in the UK and really want to organise a trip to the US. I would like to do the dunes etc. It's something we never get the chance to experience. It wouldn't be for a couple of years but I was wondering:

1) where is the best place is to go? (We don't want flat sand it has to be interesting!)

2) How could I go about hiring bikes and side by sides! (I see lots of adverts saying"driving experience", we are all very experienced on mud and steep ground, but I am sure sand will be totally different but we want to ride hard not mess about in the passenger seat)

3) any ideas are more than welcome, maybe we could even go trail riding as well!

cheers!

Be nice if you could find a simular size group here in the USA, that wants to ride in the UK. And you could just set it up to swap quads for the week, maybe even a place to stay. Sorta like a time share retreat. Just a thought, I cant hardly travel 60 miles to ride lately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts