Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to start 700 today and bettery would barely turn motor over it did start but i didnt give it time to warm up for long i went out on road and punched it and felt like it had no power felt like a 250ex lol but after i went down road couple tomes it ran better? is thhat because battery was low and was putting out enough voltage?? thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
from what i ve experienced these newer model fuel injected quads wont run right with a defective battery,even my buddys kawasaki prairie 360 aircooled carburator atv wont run right with bad battery, itll spit and sputter backfire run for a minute then die out again when bad battery goes bad:xx:

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Get you a battery for a cbr 1000. It has more cranking amps and its a gel battery.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im gona wait for winter to be over untill i get a new one

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
It could also be because maybe it was cold. I know here it was 43 degrees yesterday, and I know mine will run weird until it is warmed up.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Also, try starting it here and there and let it run for 10 to 15 minutes, keep the battery charged that way. Or get a battery tender.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
batteries will effect a efi bike quite a bit if the voltage drops below 11 volts the injector pulse signal will slow, the coil output will also be decreased. fuel pressure will drop. basically whats happening is a pretty lean condition results and low spark to ignite it. With the rectifier working correctly once its started it should provide almsot enough juice by itself its mainly getting it started you have to worry about. bigger battery is a good option once you start adding compression and cams that crank harder

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
XxX700XxX,
The absolute best thing you can do is, when the machine is not in use; (of course) keep it on a Battery Tender. My two machines are always ready to go. The 2005 Yamaha Grizzly has the original battery (April of next year is 6 years old, 5000 miles) and the Honda 700XX will be 4 years old in January.
Sid

1 - 8 of 8 Posts