Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to bother you guys with this simple question but i can not find it any where. I am currently deployed right now so i do not have access to my owners manual or my bike but i am trying to buy a battery charger online to have when i get home because i am sure that the 700 is gonna be dead when i get back and i don't wanna waist any time going into town to get a charger lol. So do they have a 6v battery or a 12v?

·
Registered
316 Posts
btw you should have put a battery maintainer on it before leaving. The battery may be junk by the time you get back. be safe and come home in one piece
mike

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
You can get a cheap tender at harbor freight for $10. sometimes they even put them on sale for $5.00! I have one of these and 2 $20.00 ones made by black & decker. I think the battery tender brand ones are way over priced. Yet cheaper than a new battery every session.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
gerber,
My recommendation is a Battery Tender (BT) Brand. I have two of them, one is a single and the other is a two station. They both have extended my battery life by many times. The Yamaha Grizzly in April will be 6 years old with the original battery still excellent. The TRX700X is going on 4 years and is still OK. The beauty of the BT is that it comes with several ways to hook it up. I have the lug connections on the battery terminals all the time. When I go for a ride I unhook the BT and stow the small cable under the seat. When I return, I hook the BT up and never think another thing about the health of the battery. There are extensions available with the correct connectorization that will allow you to string a cable across the garage to service other 12V batteries. IMO the best on the market.
Sid

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome thanks for the help and advice guys, i am glad i asked cause i defiantly thought that it was a 6v batt. I have a gift card to sears so i am gonna get either a die hard charger/maintainer or a battery tender and it will be sitting at my house when i get back so i can get riding ASAP! thanks again

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I routed my eyelet connection under my seat, and down by the clutch cable. So there is no need to take seat off to charge battery. And when riding I just wrap the cover around the bracket and snap closed. Here's a couple pictures. 1st one is hooked to tender, 2nd one is snapped together for riding mode.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I picked up the die hard charger/ maintainer from Sears about a month ago and too has all the extras the battery tender has for a fraction of the price. I picked it up for 20 bucks so I really couldn't go wrong for the price. I like the fact that you have different options for hooking it up.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
M Quick,
Great idea!
I am going to reroute the "pigtail" just like you did yours. Taking that seat off and juggling it in position to reinstall it is a royal pain.
Just a thought.... make sure that any battery trickle charger anyone purchases is certified for the new sealed batteries (standard on the TRX700XX).
Thanks again "M Q"
Sid

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah the seats are something else lol but that is a great idea M Quick!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts