Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can't start a good thread without a good song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUHjDJxkcSE

This year is going to be something differant.

I have a TRX700xx and I have a few bits for the 700rr,which I hope to have something like by the 27th May for a MX race.

Here's what I have so far !

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

I have a chassis.

Motor vehicle Picture frame Automotive design Gas Auto part

I have half a motor with a "duff" crank and the remains of the 1st gearbox ,aka 3 speeder now. The rest are pretty much screwed.
I have a FCR 41 carb of a CRF450r, a 400ex flywheel and a XR650r cylinder head.
Should work, I think. Gunna be fun though. :crazy:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looking forward to see your bike come together. You always put in a lot of pics and vid. I think that you seem to try the things others only may think of but don't have the ability to do. I like that you look to mod the bike and not just look for more power. GOOD LUCK!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had a Dirt Track Cross race yesterday and had a great day. Finished 9th overall on the day , so pretty "chuffed". This was a warm up to the race on Feb 12th. Round 1 of the Btitish Dirt Track Championship. Jill took some (alot) of vids but the first one is race 3 with Geoff on the Raptor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzZ9...xt=C36ce0fcUDOEgsToPDskLpk1YhzaFXtG7jmDO76y_n

Also Nick aka "Goode" was there for his first time out on his 700xx and he's pinching all my ideas !!!!!!!!! .lol. Was good to meet up with him and have 2 700xx's there.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last race of the day ,got ready in the pits and tried to fire her up and nothing . Only light I had on was the "N" light. For those that use a Gunner kill switch, put the laynard in. Second was the left front kept bouncing when I got into 4th gear. This was caused by having 3lbs of clay stuck in youre front rim. Always learning and always tryin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlWZA2Un1eE

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Much needed upgrade to get the best out of 4th gear and a 15t front sprocket. Didn't quite have enough coming out of the last corner.

Should make it more fun on the 12th. :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
dirt track cross is the same as our TT/EDT's. looks like a blast!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Much needed upgrade to get the best out of 4th gear and a 15t front sprocket. Didn't quite have enough coming out of the last corner.

Should make it more fun on the 12th. :D

Baxter,

I was looking at that same exhaust kit. Can you tell me if it is the rivet type or bolt, when changing packing? It looks like screws to me, but wanna be sure, while debating. And does it not come with a heat shield for the header pipe?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-GUN-HON...ies&vxp=mtr&hash=item4aaf0fa2d2#ht_500wt_1180

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dirt track cross is the same as our TT/EDT's. looks like a blast!
It's a blast, You got to try it. Far too much fun on a xx.

Baxter,

I was looking at that same exhaust kit. Can you tell me if it is the rivet type or bolt, when changing packing? It looks like screws to me, but wanna be sure, while debating. And does it not come with a heat shield for the header pipe?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-GUN-HON...ies&vxp=mtr&hash=item4aaf0fa2d2#ht_500wt_1180

It is bolted in. As for the heatshield , they do a universal heatshild. The exhaust may need some tweekin though. Let me try it on Sunday and I will post a review it.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Raced again this Sunday, same track but was the first round of the Quadzilla Dirt Track Cross British Championship. Yes it is quite a title but that's how it goes.
It was a bit slippery, no steering till race 2 with a change of front tyres but everyone out there had problems. Managed to finish 9th overall again but all things considering , we had a good day.

This was after 3 laps of practice and of course ,I lined up with 4 of the championship contenders and they sent me out first !!!

Here's the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgTjXpz5mxc&list=UUqeVrV9JuvOOIpQaXVMzBBg&index=2&feature=plcp

As you will see at 53 seconds a plume of smoke ,which was caused by a loose valve cover at the back of the head. Luckily on two parts was ,I run 2100ml of oil in the motor and Jill spotting the oil on the back of the motor. Could have been a rebuild so easily . Tightened cover up and had enough oil in the motor ,not to do any damage.

Here's the same line up for race 1, only 1 completed practice (you'll figure out which one). 2 guys quit after this with engine issues and not liking mud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3z4rO-JZYg&list=UUqeVrV9JuvOOIpQaXVMzBBg&index=1&feature=plcp

There's alot changes ,I would have done after practice but time was not on my side and didn't bring the right tyres and parts. Key note for the future.

All in all , I had a blast and enjoyed it probably a little too much to be healthy. Always tryin ! :D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also the Big Gun exhaust leaks a little and needs some tweeking but geeze does it sound good. Also I worked out the EHS programmer settings so the header was not running so "blue". Tweeked "mid" up half one and "high" a full light up (compared to the Barker exhaust). Me had fun. :xx:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Looks like you had a dirty good time. And the Big Gun did sound sweet. Did you like the power gain, or could you tell with all the mud?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like you had a dirty good time. And the Big Gun did sound sweet. Did you like the power gain, or could you tell with all the mud?
The Big Gun exhaust worked real good and gave more power in mid to top power , the mud brought the best outta the exhaust and I would have suffered badly ,running stock exhaust on this track.
I was running a 15t front sprocket and 18" rear tyres,with too much grip, kinda hit the rev limiter too many times in 3rd but it pulled well in 4th down the straights. I like the Big Gun and ordered a Big Gun XR650r exhaust to try and fit to "Frankinstien" build. I wanted to have the same exhaust on the xx and the rr. I had 3 choices "Big Gun","FMF" and Leo Vince. Big Gun offered better $/hp over the 2 others.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Lee I had a Big Gun on my XR650R motard and it was FAST! I had the HRC intake boot and some other goodies but for basically stock except for exhaust it hauled. 650R's here are known as BRP big red pigs LOL. I miss mine.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
The Big Gun exhaust worked real good and gave more power in mid to top power , the mud brought the best outta the exhaust and I would have suffered badly ,running stock exhaust on this track.

Did you get all the tweaking done to the exhaust, and the leak to stop?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Baxter once again you don't let us down.... you sure ate some mud :)
I got a British Beach Cross race on the 3rd/4th March and then a British Championship Round 1 on the ovals on the 10th March. You'll never guess how much work go's into making pigs fly.
Always tryin'.:D

1 - 20 of 133 Posts