Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't visited here in a while, so I figured I'd stop in and say hello. Plans for getting an XX have kinda changed. I decided to keep my 400EX and put some money into it. It's came a long way, but I'm not done yet. Gonna be putting in a 426 kit in here soon that will include an 88mm 11:1 JE piston, stage 2 cam and HD studs. A friend of mine has the same exact setup along with a 42mm carb and ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit and puts down just under 42HP. That's pretty damn good considering the 400EX has 27HP stock. He eats lightly modified 450s for breakfast and it's as reliable as ever. I'd like to get an XX eventually, but for now I'm gonna stick with my lil' EX. With that being said, I'll still hang around since there is a good group of guys here.

Here are some picture of my 400EX:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's already like a new machine with the suspension, 450r carb and intake. I can't even imagine after the kit... Going out to the dunes for the first time with the new paddles, carb and extended axle next week. Can't wait, should be a blast.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sounds like a blast, I would love to come out west and ride, I really like those tires looks like they would really hook up in the sand

·
Registered
122 Posts
are there lots of wide open desert areas where u can just cut loose and ride as fast as u want to for as far you want to?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did a lot of research on those tires. They are 21x12x8 6 paddle Skat~Trak Extremes. They are one of the best paddles you can buy. Cost me $296 for them mounted on some DWT Blue labels. Weight in at 13lbs a piece mounted. Should be throwin' a lot of sand and flyin' up hills with ease now. They're going to be a huge improvement from my Kenda Sand Geckos. But, yeah, here are a lot of designated trails but there are also some places where you can just go. Just gotta watch out for bushes and stuff.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah I wanna got out there. My family has a 2500 acre cattle ranch in Texas I am going to take the 700 down there this summer and ride some towards the end of the summer when I bring my son back home! I can really cut up out there because there is really nothing to worry about just wide oprn space to ride

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
They are 21x12x8 6 paddle Skat~Trak Extremes. They are one of the best paddles you can buy. Cost me $296 for them mounted on some DWT Blue labels. Weight in at 13lbs a piece mounted. Should be throwin' a lot of sand and flyin' up hills with ease now. They're going to be a huge improvement from my Kenda Sand Geckos.
Quoted for truth.

Less unsprung weight - free HP. (well, mostly free)

That is what all my buddies us who skim.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that has to be one of the cleanest quads I have ever seen that didnt just roll out of the dealership! You do nice work... look forward to some pictures when it looks like it has been through it all!
Haha, thanks.

I get teased by all the guys over at ATVRiders all the time. They say it looks like I never ride it. Thing is, after a day at the dunes, your bike comes back looking cleaner than it did before. It basically gets a light sand blasting throughout the day. That and Las Vegas is a great place for vehicles. Rusting just doesn't exists. I also wash it the day I get back (or at least the next day) before putting it in the garage. I get it from my dad. He's got an '85 350X that's all original (aside from sprockets, chains, tires, etc) and looks practically brand new.

Here is the dirtiest picture I could find of my bike haha.

And here is my dad's 350X:

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, a lot of the people I know back east complain of coal dust. That must suck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts