Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bent My steering stem and tie rods a few months back when i crashed and broke my leg. Finally replaced the tie rods, and pulled the steering stem to see if I could bend it straight, but its pretty bad. it has a crease on 1 side and the steel split a little on the other. My cousin is going to take the stem to work and see if he can cut out the bend and weld on some steel tube.

Anyone upgrade to a new stem lately and still have a stock stem lying around they want to sell me?

Hopefully he can fix it, but I would really like to have a stem within the next 2 weeks when I'm done installing my new engine mods, so I can get a dyno run and go out and ride it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have a brand new Teixeira Tech stem sitting in my garage that I plan on installing in the next week . I have no use for the stock one, so if you would like it, more then willing to sell it to you. It is in great condition, quad has never been upside down. I have no idea on price, not really sure what they are worth. Maybe $70 shipped? Let me know if you are interested, I will try my best to get it off the quad here in the next couple of days and send you some pics.

Doug

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool. I really wanted a Teixeira Tech stem too, but I spent my extra cash on some engine mods. I will PM you

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. for right now, my cousin welded on a new steel pipe, and it should work just fine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
What is the length of a stock Xx tie-rod? I use to manufacture tie-rods...heavy duty, race proven tie-rods that were designed to have some flex and they shift the bend point (should they bend) way out to the end where a bend wasn't such a big deal...I was cleaning out my garage and I found a few extra pairs I had made for various machines...might be a set that fits your needs you could have for cost of shipping...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts