Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My quad must have landed directly on the bars when it rolled over and went airborne .....

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I was thinking, that quad hasn't even got dirty yet!
It has under 10 hours. Couple trips down the river at the end of February. Thawed a week later. And then rode the road ditches/gravel roads the last couple weeks of March. This happened on March 30th. Road ditches close on April 1st for bird nesting so I was trying to enjoy the last couple days.

I was looknig forward to getting this thing into the woods and 3 months after I bought it, it's still a woods virgin.

It goes into Rath racing next week. Hopefully they can get it fixed and I can be riding next weekend.

Honda did a great job with the fuel lines. No quick disconnects to remove the tank. The LTR had 2 that were a pain in the butt to remove. Getting to the tank was a lot easier on the LTR.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Did it bend where the double wall quits? You can see the crimp marks on the outside of the stem where it transitions from double to single wall.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
You escaped injury free? Doesn't look to bad though, "Could always be worse" lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did it bend where the double wall quits? You can see the crimp marks on the outside of the stem where it transitions from double to single wall.
Yes.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You escaped injury free? Doesn't look to bad though, "Could always be worse" lol
For the most part. Had a bruise below my knee (probaly hit the bars) and my hip hurt for a few days. Quad almost landed on me.

This is a perfect example why Honda should tighten up the pre load on the front shocks before it leaves the dealership.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Yep that's defiantly the week spot I've seen three bent like that already lol

Of course its not designed to have a 500lb bike land on it though

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
That's where mine bent as well. I ended up cutting a short section out, making a piece that matched the OD of the shaft, turning one end down to match the ID of single wall, turning the other end down to match the ID of the double wall, and then welding it in place.

·
Registered
49 Posts
mine was bent exactly the same way, did your hadlebars get bent mine dirint even have a scratch when i fliped it they are very strong.

·
Registered
788 Posts
This may or may not work but I was taught to keep the bars a little loose so that if you did ever flip, the bars would move without bending. Obviously keep them tight enough to stay put but loose enough to slip if the weight of the xx was on top of them. It might help with the stem bending that everyone is doing around here. Just a thought.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts