Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got home from a long trip and upon inspection of my ATV I've noticed that one of my tie rods is bent (on the left if you are facing the ATV) the other side looks like it may have a slight bend. I'm wondering if anybody else has bent one and how hard they are to replace. I saw a pair of them for sale for around $40. I find it wierd because this trip has been the easiest riding i've ever done on the machine. Well hopefully it's not too big of a deal X.x

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi Xstriker, I have bent one but only after a log came through the front end and hit the tie rod. Mate get a rubber malet out and get into it, I have straightend mine and its fine. I hear American Star make upgraded tie rods for the 700xx.

Regards Overlord

·
Registered
211 Posts
I wouldnt beat on them on the machine... saw someone bust a rod end like that one time. Take the 5 min to spin it off, stick it in a vice and bend it back with a pipe.... no big deal, get back on and ride. Had to do it this weekend, for the third time lol... Id rather bend rods than break thumbs, wrists or parts.

Dont forget to protect them fine pitch threads though when you do it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I forgot to add that thank's Blak92

regards Overlord

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice. I will pull the tie rods off this week and straighten them and hopefully they will hold.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've done it, ordered a new one then bent the old one back while i wanted... still have the replacement in the honda package sitting in a drawer.. bend it back and measure you toe think it should be like 1/8" toe in

·
Registered
354 Posts
I got a set off ebay that are stainless steel, they seem pretty damn strong actually, i bent one and i did bend it back but whebnever i bend metal, i'm always scared of it cracking down the road, i did bend the stocker back twice though and it didnt break, i just feel safer at 70 plus mph with new ones

1 - 7 of 7 Posts