Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before anyone tells me to do a search, I did! an after 2 or 3 hours of reading my eyes are getting tired. what I am trying to do is... keep stock razors on the stock front rims but have a spare rear set of rims to switch out between summer an winter. in the summer I'll run the razr2's that fit our stock rims but in the winter I wanna run the maxxis 4-snow tires that only come to fit a standard 10" rim. I'm too worried about extra width but don't wanna go so wide I can't fit it in my truck. seems to me alot of people buy the DWT .109 but say it's wide? any info would be appreciated thanks. sorry, I know this has probably been covered a million times.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah, thanks for the correction. I looked at that, don't know why I didn't realize. So, you think i'd be better off going with the 10" rim an the ams zipper? Or are 9" rims available? I know I've read somewhere that someone was trying to put 9" on, just don't know if they were successful.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
in the summer I'll run the razr2's that fit our stock rims.
Last I checked they Dont make and 11" Razr 2, Things could have changed though as I didnt actually look up the tires again. I had to get my Razr 2 for 10" rim.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
who has the best prices on these rims? what's the most economical option for our quads? is it really the DWT .190s?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
itp are nice and not expensive.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, been lookin at the douglas .190 but what size would I need to get for the rear? 10x7 with what offset? Also, I'm worried about the ITP as... I've seen some posts where it's really close clearance wise, I know this has probably been covered alot, an I've been reading a million threads but just wanna know the best rear wheels to get so I can run razr2's in the summer an stuff.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WTF! The douglas sport red 10x7 .190 rims are out of stock at rocky mountain, an so are the maxxis razr's for our stock rims so no matter what, I can't get new tires anytime soon! Does anyone else have a better place to purchase the rims as... I am having a hard time finding the 10x7

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
ok, been lookin at the douglas .190 but what size would I need to get for the rear? 10x7 with what offset? Also, I'm worried about the ITP as... I've seen some posts where it's really close clearance wise, I know this has probably been covered alot, an I've been reading a million threads but just wanna know the best rear wheels to get so I can run razr2's in the summer an stuff.

You are contradicting yourself. Do you want the best or most economical like you said in your other post. More often than not these are not the same thing... :nuts:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was thinking of a tire swap and maybe rims when i found this post great info and reserch with links thank you 700Xxrida,Big Help.:thanks:

·
Premium Member
261 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You are contradicting yourself. Do you want the best or most economical like you said in your other post. More often than not these are not the same thing... :nuts:
What I am getting at is... there has been ALOT of people that have tried different rims an some have worked an some have not. all the research I've done has pretty much led me to 2 different rims, either the DWT's .190 or the ITP .190. It's not necessariliy a contradiction to ask what's the best bang for our buck when going to a 10" rim. Obviously there are more expensive rims such as the baja an beed locks, I'm talking about the average rider that rides hard on trails etc.. Does that clarify??

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I run the ITP T9's in the rear 10 inch size and love them with my razr 2's it is wide though. The width however really helps and I can still fit it in the back of my pickup. I dont think there is alot of difference between douglas and ITP, they are both good companies that have been around for a long time, I just personally like ITP and have run them on all of my other bikes.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the replies guys about the T-9's. I have to say though if you go over to rocky mountain atv, an you read through the reviews on the DWT an then read the ITP reviews, the ITP's get a really bad rap. I have had itp ss's before on all my utility quads an never once had a problem. I know my ITP ss rims had a lifetime warranty, does anyone know if they have the same warranty on the T-9s? The reviews are nothing but possitive about the DWT's. Also, you guys running the ITP's had any problems with the clearance issue on the inside of the rim? any slop in the bearings an it looks like bad news for the rims?

I also can't seem to find anyone else that carries the DWT 10x7 other than rockymountain. I can find the ITP's elsewhere. Does anyone have another resource/supplier?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I haven't had any problems with the clearance of the wheels I have had no problems what so ever out of my T9's idea recommend them to anyone

1 - 20 of 29 Posts