Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats going on, I just put a DMC full exhaust and efi on my bike and now Im looking for a intake set up. There are so many out there claiming to be the best that I dont know which way to go. I know K&N been around for ever but I feel they are very over rated. I like the velocity center air filter but I'd rather hear what people have and what they think. Any info will help.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Most guys here like the uni, and a lot are running ehs lids. The lids have outerwears on them. I have also read that k&n doesn't filter well but the lid has a prefilter so the air filter is already filtering cleaner air. They also say the uni filters cage is less resrictive than the factory cage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I cut the top off of my lid and put a pre-filter over the whole thing and removed the baffle, i'm using uni filters for both, seems to really breathe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody have the velocity filter? How does it breath? The combination Im looking at is the velocity filter with the ehs lid. A lot of people like the Uni filters is that do to cost or5 performance or both?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I have the modquad intake with a k&n filter and the ehs lid. The k&n also has an outerwears wrap around it. I think it works pretty well.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i have a uni with no lid... brap

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have UNI and EHS lid with optional side vents.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Most guys here like the uni, and a lot are running ehs lids. The lids have outerwears on them. I have also read that k&n doesn't filter well but the lid has a prefilter so the air filter is already filtering cleaner air. They also say the uni filters cage is less resrictive than the factory cage.
I run a K&N with no air box and it filters great.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
:stupid:

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Does anyone worry about the crankcase breather not touching the filter with the k&n installed? I worry about dust going down the breather and into the engine.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Yeah I knew it was blowing the air but I was thinking about taking a piece of my old foam filter and putting it inside the breather tube for peace of mind.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i run the modquad filter setup with the creek crossings and the xc racing we do here i pretty much have to run a lid of some kind

·
Registered
239 Posts
Go to advanced auto parts, get the 4 1/2 universal fit K&N filter. Then install it using factory clamp, the end of the K&N will slide into the factory induction tube. Then throw a EHS Lid on it and ur set. BTW the filter is 35 dollars here! cheap fix

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Go to advanced auto parts, get the 4 1/2 universal fit K&N filter. Then install it using factory clamp, the end of the K&N will slide into the factory induction tube. Then throw a EHS Lid on it and ur set. BTW the filter is 35 dollars here! cheap fix
What length 4.5" universal K&N filter do you suggest, there seems to be several lengths. Do you know the K&N part number?

Also in another post someone noted that their EHS lid still allowed some dust into the air box. Is that normal? The trails I ride in GA and FL are very dusty.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts