Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
These XX's definitely do not want to turn in the sand. I found when running/playing hard, if I would tap the rear brake when approaching a turn, move forward up on to the tank, and use alot of body english you can make it turn close to the solid rear axles, it just takes alot more effort. When you are putt puttin' around and wanting to be lazy and just sit there on the seat I think you are just SOL on a stock suspended XX.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
well i gonna go with they dont have any. my skat track mohawks still push real bad. i would get the 23 razrs think that would be your best bet. ice looked a little and couldnt find any sand fronts that are 23's

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have tried the Sand Stars and the 23" Razr's in the front, I think the Razr's turn better.

:xx:

·
Registered
199 Posts
i have 21'' razr2 fronts and i turn with no problems. i run 4# in them. i also have 20" rear razr2 and i love them. i ride in the sand with them(not like dune sand but beach sand) i hook up almost all the time.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I would think the best thing to do if you want to stay stock width is get the Teixeira Tech upper replacement a-arm. That way you can adjust the castor and get the 700XX to turn regardless of the tire.

Doug

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I would think the best thing to do if you want to stay stock width is get the Teixeira Tech upper replacement a-arm. That way you can adjust the castor and get the 700XX to turn regardless of the tire.

Doug

Doug

Doug

Doug
What Doug said. :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK But what is the castor going todo? and this is going to help in sand?
BTW Im getting razr2 23" fronts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
go to his website and look at the video....he explains it pretty well
And worth every cent.
I need new shocks for next year , the stage 1 Elka's can't take the abuse for 3 hours . Resprung them 3 times , revalved once. :D
Going for remote stage 3s or Fox .

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would the L8ton sway bar help with push in the sand?
Im going to find out, Im getting the 23" razr2 fronts and the L8ton sway bar.

See how this helps out. Then rear tires, then shocks, then FINALLY it will be time to crack open the motor.

:thanks::xx:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok so Im getting the new fronts, And is there any videos of what the Teixeira Tech upper replacement a-arm do? There is a excellent video that shows what the l8ton sway bar does and that video shows a VAST improvement, I know baxtor and a few others say to get the new adjustable a-arms Im just asking for a video. to see for myself.
So i know for sure I can power slide and whip the back end around just because I have adjusted the fron a arms.

If there is a video then most likely I will get them

·
Registered
671 Posts
I don't think you will find a video of what you are looking for. Push is hard to see, more like something you feel. (Unless the push is REALLY bad.) The swaybar video is showing the rear of the quad is easier to slide. I wouldn't even call the video a comparison. To be a comparison, show the same rider, same quad, only change the sway bar and do the same turns with each bar installed to see what the sway bar is changing. I have never had a problem getting the rear of my 700XX to slide, some throttle and body english and I can slide the rear whenever I want. Then again, I have never tried to do what the guy in the video is doing, riding around and sliding the rear end on flat ground would bore me pretty quick.

You said in your first post you want to eliminate push. The reason the 700XX pushes is to much castor in the stock front end, a geometry issue. Installing the sway bar does nothing to fix the geometry, it just makes the existing geometry do something different. I know the place I notice my 700XX push the most is slow speed, sandy turns. I don't see how the sway bar would help this. Speeds are slow enough that there is not alot of weight transfer for the sway bar to really do anything.

Not saying anything bad about the sway bar, I just don't see how it fixes the geometry of the quad, just makes the geometry do something different. I think it would be a great addtion for someone who wants the rear of the quad to be more solid axle like. That person is not me, I want the quad to work like a IRS qiuad. I do think it would be helpful in some areas and I plan on buying one myself eventually just to test. I just want to get the geometry fixxed first and the quad dialed in with the stock bar so I can make a fair comparison of the new bar and see if I like it or not.

Doug

·
Registered
323 Posts
OK But what is the castor going todo? and this is going to help in sand?
BTW Im getting razr2 23" fronts
Someone on here went with the 23s and apparently didn't like them as they were for sale shortly afterward and he put smaller tires on the front.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts