Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be replacing my CV Shaft since it's started popping. My local dealer wants $206 for one shaft. Does that sound right? High? Low?

Are there any upgrades?

TIA!

·
Registered
671 Posts
So what exactly are you replacing? The axle shaft or a CV joint? I am guessing the $205 price from your dealer is what Honda calls the "shaft set", includes the shaft, outer CV joint, and some other small parts is what it looks like on the parts fishe:

http://www.servicehondapsn.com/fich...category=ATVs&make=Honda&year=2008&fveh=20221

Service Honda's price is $149 for the same set. Doesn't look like you can buy just the shaft on its own.

Doug

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the CV Joint is popping. I was just going to replace the whole shaft. I've talked to gorilla axles and at first they'd never heard of a 700xx but now i've intrigued them. Hopefully they can build one with stronger CV's or maybe a Honda 420 or 680 rincon shaft would work the same.

I'm looking for the whole thing.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The "shaft set" from Honda is just the axle shaft itself and the outboard joint, would still need to get the inner joint to get a complete setup. The sprocket side inner is $170, while the other is $120. After looking at these prices, I hope I never have to replace these parts on either of my 700XX's!

Doug

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it possible to just buy the outer joints? I'm sure nothing is wrong with my shafts.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Doesn't look like it, there is not a part number listed for just the outer joint anyway.

Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts