Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I have to tell you about a polisher I used.. I think he is even a member here ..Anyway his company name is : Race Reflections Custom Polishing..I sent them 2 shock resi clamps to be polished. I mailed them off Last Friday on my way home from work. I had them back Today , that is unheard of service right there..The polish job is excellant and the price was unbelievable..

Ok I went on enough, but seriously any of you that may want something polished ..you need to atleast look him up..

www.racereflections.ash.com

Thanks David I will be back!

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you have a bench grinder you can polish your own parts. My Dad took an old grinder and took one of the wheels off and put in a cloth polishing wheel. He got it from Eastwood, and the polishing compound as well. I have seen him take rough looking parts and take his time and polish them to a really nice shine. If your parts are missing paint or rusted up this is not going to work. I think you can even get plastic polishing compound now to polish your plastic body parts...

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
If you have a bench grinder you can polish your own parts. My Dad took an old grinder and took one of the wheels off and put in a cloth polishing wheel. He got it from Eastwood, and the polishing compound as well. I have seen him take rough looking parts and take his time and polish them to a really nice shine. If your parts are missing paint or rusted up this is not going to work. I think you can even get plastic polishing compound now to polish your plastic body parts...
Yes and no. You have to have the right compound for the right metal. Also, the wheels for different metals are different.

As a former silversmith, I used 3 different compounds and 3 wheels for one metal... silver. Once you use a wheel for one compound, you should not use it for another compound... even if the metal is the same.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Wonder if they could polish our crankcase covers, not really in love with the gold color.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wonder if they could polish our crankcase covers, not really in love with the gold color.

Nash Yes he can, I just spoke with him today & he is trying to get me to do the side covers , & a-arms..& he said he can polish out any of the satin finish mufflers too! Thats his job, so he would probably polish anything that is alum on the XX.?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nice, that's something to think about, if any of you guys get those parts polished please post pics.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont really care for gold color cover myself, but I dont want polished covers either..so I stick with what I got for now..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts