Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the group and could use some advice on a good setup for sand. Going to Glamis next month where there are some pretty nice hill climbs. (Oldsmobile Hill, China Wall....) I can't afford a lot of mods at this time but would like to change front sprocket to a 13t and pickup paddle tires/wheels for the rear. Any thoughts from the group that has sand experience?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Yes on the 13t. If you're NOT doing drag racing, I'd stay away from straight paddles. Paddle tires that have a "V" pattern are most sufficient for general dune riding and are smoother of a ride. ITP has a tire wheel kit that they sell for our quad. Sand Star tires mounted on ITP T-9 rims (I think) At any rate, these rims are 10" and the offset makes the quad wider in the back. However, this change in the offset is needed to clear your stock a-arms. You would also have to remove your mud scrapers in back. Try to get tires that are also 22"... The 13t will give you all the low end grunt you need.
Part numbers #44000R and #44000L
Here's a link....
http://www.itptires.com/honda_trx700xx_product_update.htm

roadkill

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the post... I have been looking at the sand stars (22x11x10) on that wheel (10x7 with 4/144 bolt pattern and 4:3 offset). Does that sound right? I think that's the best fit. I think thatset comes shipped for around $310... We do some sand drags but it's mostly hill climbs and duning.

·
Registered
183 Posts
thats the exact setup im looking at getting, i definitely want to go with the 22" tire in the rear and prolly 21s up front. get the 13t sprocket for sure to go with those tires.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
for now dont worrie about front tires stock ones will do fine the 13t will give you all the pull you need to get up any hill. you can pull your air box lid off it will help a little bit out there as well. these are what i had when i took my first dune trips on the xx.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm new to the group and could use some advice on a good setup for sand. Going to Glamis next month where there are some pretty nice hill climbs. (Oldsmobile Hill, China Wall....) I can't afford a lot of mods at this time but would like to change front sprocket to a 13t and pickup paddle tires/wheels for the rear. Any thoughts from the group that has sand experience?

Thanks!
13t for sure, I have 22x11x10 10 paddle haulers. Way too much traction for mine even with the big 3. I think the Sand Stars would be a good choice, I would get the 22 tall ones. I wouldn't worry about the fronts too much if anything get a pair of 23" Razr/Razr2's for the front, your gonna want them for all around riding later anyway. When are you going? I am going out to the Glamis area on Presidents day week end. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
haulers for me

i love my haulers they are the 22x11x10 10 paddle. I love them i would look to see if you could get the 8 paddle though they where on back order when i was looking or i would have got them i had sand stars and wasnt way to impressed i think the straight paddle dont push to much at all. i know i can climb more now then with the sand stars but the i havent been to glamis so i dont know how the sand is there. i do think you will be happy with what ever you get cuz it will be better then the stock tires :lol: Well happy shopping let us know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i love my haulers they are the 22x11x10 10 paddle. I love them i would look to see if you could get the 8 paddle though they where on back order when i was looking or i would have got them i had sand stars and wasnt way to impressed i think the straight paddle dont push to much at all. i know i can climb more now then with the sand stars but the i havent been to glamis so i dont know how the sand is there. i do think you will be happy with what ever you get cuz it will be better then the stock tires :lol: Well happy shopping let us know how it goes.
sorry bout this little off topic(please dont kill me) but how much you pay for ur haulers(rims and tires)??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the posts. Now I just have to find the T-9 Pro Series in stock. Went to order them and Rocky Mountain ATV is out. The gear leaves for Glamis in about 4 weeks.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thanks for all of the posts. Now I just have to find the T-9 Pro Series in stock. Went to order them and Rocky Mountain ATV is out. The gear leaves for Glamis in about 4 weeks.

Have you checked with ITP Directly?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I haven't... I didn't think we could order directly from their website? Do they have an online catalog?

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Call Matt at ATVGalaxy he will beat any price and get them right to you 949-863=1418

·
Registered
306 Posts
Call Matt at ATVGalaxy he will beat any price and get them right to you 949-863=1418
He's not joking. We have to buy our tires and rims and I get them from ATV galaxy because they cut good deals. The guys there are on there game.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Just ordered my rear wheels/tires from ATV Galaxy. $264 shipped for the Sand Stars on T-9 Pro Series Wheel. By far the best price I've come across and in stock.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts