Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into doing a motor build/freashen up soon as its getting to that stage. but my problem is living in broome western australia the closest dyno is about 3,000km away, so im wondering if there is any maps and programmers available for a 700xx with a set parts list, (if that makes sense)

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
HDD! Daniel has tunes for his standard valve head,+1 head, and +2 head. He can send you the parts and the tune already programmed into the PCV. Pretty much bolt on and go! :D

HDD Motorsports 951-743-6328.

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
A pc5 with a good base map and autotune is hard to beat
I've gone the PCV+Autotue route and I've gone the EHS route. The PCV with autotune actually really sucks IMO. I've experienced the pain in the ass that it is and would not wish that on anyone! After dealing with that I went with EHS. I got the parts, bolted them up and haven't had an issue since! If you are looking for reliable power that you can just put on and go, you can't go wrong with EHS! Eric provides great customer service and easy reliable performance! Trust me I've tried both ways personally and regret not going with EHS in the first place!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Think I may have to speak to both and see what they can supply, I am thinking something along the lines of mild high comp, cam prob stage 3, porting and upsized valves, but I do need a bike that will be able to do 2 8hr enduros in 2 days so relayability is going to be the big thing,

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I've gone the PCV+Autotue route and I've gone the EHS route. The PCV with autotune actually really sucks IMO. I've experienced the pain in the ass that it is and would not wish that on anyone! After dealing with that I went with EHS. I got the parts, bolted them up and haven't had an issue since! If you are looking for reliable power that you can just put on and go, you can't go wrong with EHS! Eric provides great customer service and easy reliable performance! Trust me I've tried both ways personally and regret not going with EHS in the first place!
Really for me that was not bad but after autune I plugged my wideband and did some corection. Anyway I did it my way... Mine was to lean in part throttle in tight trail but with a dyno session you won't go wrong ... Daniel from Hdd was very kind for sending me a map but I live 1200feet altittude so had to fine tune it:)

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Really for me that was not bad but after autune I plugged my wideband and did some corection. Anyway I did it my way... Mine was to lean in part throttle in tight trail but with a dyno session you won't go wrong ... Daniel from Hdd was very kind for sending me a map but I live 1200feet altittude so had to fine tune it:)
I think this guy is looking to avoid a dyno session. PCV is nice but Eric's set up will be straight plug and play. I agree though, EHS and HDD have both been informative and have done great things to this machine.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Altitude is a factor that is not to be concerned, just my two cents :) in the end he do what he wants:)

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I think this guy is looking to avoid a dyno session. PCV is nice but Eric's set up will be straight plug and play. I agree though, EHS and HDD have both been informative and have done great things to this machine.
I don't want to start another HDD VS EHS war but why is Eric's Dobeck tunes anymore of a plug and play than DL power commander tunes for the type of build the original poster is looking for? DL has tons of power commander tunes he can load on a PCV for the build the person chooses just like Eric has tunes for his controller...DL has sent a few members a tune for their power commander based on their build and when they got it on the dyno the tune was almost perfect. Without putting your own bike on a dyno almost perfect is the best you're gonna get no matter what controller/builder you pick. I guess what I am saying is I don't think Eric's setup is anymore of a plug and play than Daniel's is. They both built maps based off of dyno runs, so I just think to say one is more plug in and ride than the other is unfair.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
im looking into doing a motor build/freashen up soon as its getting to that stage. but my problem is living in broome western australia the closest dyno is about 3,000km away, so im wondering if there is any maps and programmers available for a 700xx with a set parts list, (if that makes sense)
Do you know the build you want, what 's your goal with this bike and what is your diy degree?

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Eric's build are a specific kit with a specific tune for that kit. If he pieces together a build the pcv tune could be further off and then he'll have a harder time figure out how to adjust the pcv since it is more complicated. I like the pcv but Eric's fuel controller is straight plug and play and very easy to use. I have experience with both controllers, I'm not pulling this out of thin air. Post facts on why you think HDD is better rather than getting upset that I prefer Ehs! I think Daniel should throw together a power package with a specific tune for that set up. That would be cool. You and Jody promote HDD and I promote EHS, there is nothing wrong with that. I dont get upset when you two say HDD and post his number. Its not a big deal, ultimately the customer has the choice. Eric's kits are very specific and literally are plug and play, Daniel has not set anything like that up yet. Eric and I both agree he does good things and is a smart guy. I never played him down, just promoted EHS. Eric has done a lot for me and I can't think him enough for his customer service!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
If you can add and subtract you can use a PCV. Maybe now we know why, never mind:lol:
See, I can post on why I like my set up. You are incapable and can't articulate why you like HDD with full sentences. You have animocity towards Eric for whatever reason and are simply looking to ruin his name. His parts have worked for everyone that listens. You did not listen and had a bad experience. I'm giving helpful advice to this member and you keep taking cheap shots. Pretty lame Jody, I dont just run my mouth on a forum and post pics of dyno runs. I go out, record races and show EHS has good builds. I'm sure Daniel would love to have a loyal customer like me and not just another internet warrior. :disgust:

What I was getting at is AUS wont have to play around with the PCV if he uses EHS. He can build his bike, plug in his bullet box and ride! Its a done deal. I believe Eric is going to set up a tune for the PCV on his +3 head set up. Should be a beast!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do you know the build you want, what 's your goal with this bike and what is your diy degree?
I know the build I would like but it more depends on what I can get a tune for, my main goal with the bike is an enduro bike but will also do speedway and long track motorcross, the mechanical part is no worries at all as I'm a mechanic and engine builder by trade, it's more the tuning of the efi that I'm unsure on,

1 - 20 of 23 Posts