Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
132 Posts
Will be doing the same thing. Just ordered all the stuff.

· Registered
132 Posts
I bought a UNI filter and an OuterWear filter. The Filter does not fit the stock or Uni Filter. Only the K&N filter. So this is what I did with the Outerwear.

Stock filter
View attachment 2706

UNI Filter
View attachment 2707

OuterWear Pre-Filter
View attachment 2708
Does anyone think that this setup would significantly limit the amount of air going into the engine so that the bike would run rich?

Anyone else use this setup? I want to do this.

· Registered
132 Posts
What setup are you referring to? The picture's you quoted with the Uni and outerwear on the lid is fine if that's what your referring to.
Yes, the setup in the pictures. Wasn't sure if the outerwears would be too restrictive.

Does the UNI let more air, less air, or the same amount of air into the engine compared to the stock air filter? Just curious.

· Registered
132 Posts
The Pre Filter did not fit over the filter because it was to small. I covered the opening to keep rocks, leaves, dirt, dust, water out of the air box.

Did the pre filter not fit because you order'd the one for the 450R someone previosly posted a link for? I never saw the answer to ? If it was same as the 700xx? I Like the fact about keeping stuff out of air box!

The pre-filter I ordered was from the link on page 1 of this post.. the 450r one. It did NOT fit the 700xx filter, so I customized it to fit on the outside of the lid to stop debree from coming in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.