Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
377 Posts
I bought a UNI filter and an OuterWear filter. The Filter does not fit the stock or Uni Filter. Only the K&N filter. So this is what I did with the Outerwear.

Stock filter
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

UNI Filter
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

OuterWear Pre-Filter
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Vehicle Automotive design

· Registered
377 Posts
The Uni Filter Screen has bigger holes than the stock filter screen so you are getting more air. Not too much more to have to do a mod to the engine. The Pre Filter did not fit over the filter because it was to small. I covered the opening to keep rocks, leaves, dirt, dust, water out of the air box.

I did not want to cut an opening in the top because I feel that the flat way would fill up with stuff and cut my air flow down.

My quad ran great with out any adjustments. I could not tell if it went faster.

· Registered
377 Posts
The Pre Filter I ordered was for the 700xx from Dennis Kirk website. Outerwear only makes a pre filter for the K&N filter. The K&N Filter is smaller than the Stock filter or the Uni Filter. The Uni Filter and the Stock filter are the same size. The part number for the 700 and the 450 are both different. Outerwear shows on thier website that it fits the K&N filter only. When I purchased the Pre Filter I did not know that it would only fit a K&N fitler only and I did not know that the K&N filter was smaller. So I improvised.

The screens are different in the Stock Filter and the UNI Filter.
UNI Filter has bigger holes to let in more air.

Outerwear Pre Filter $20
UNI Filter $30

K&N Filter $75

I always clean my filters with gas. Let dry for 30 min, then oil. I clean everyday when I ride in sand and never had a problem.

Other members suggested the Pre Filter and the BAJA race runs a Pre Filter. This Year I am trying the Pre Filters.

How many members use the Pre Filter or the open top lid?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.