Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only ridding my bike a handful of times since I got it because of the weather. So just a quick rinse down after each has kept it looking like new. Does anyone know of or use a preride product designed to keep these machines clean while your out riding? I was reading up on this product and it sounds pretty good, wasnt sure if anyone else had tried it or not: http://www.xtreamclean.com/index.ph...ew=article&id=52:mud-guard&catid=36&Itemid=66

I tried other things in the past like tire shine spray and that worked OK but it made the dust stick to everything and got real sticky. Plus if you get any of that on your seat, it will take you for a ride :lmao: haha

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have tried everything from Tire shine, WD-40, Plexus, Pledge, Mothers plastic wax, and so on and so forth. They work about the same. I have not tried the product you saw but if you get it let me know how it works.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am gonna order some and give it a try

·
Registered
984 Posts
Cooking spray! It will help the mud slide off, I haven't tried it yet but I read somewhere this winter some GNCC racers use it. Spray it on before you ride.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I use either PAM or WD-40. It isn't really to keep them looking clean while you are out riding, but to help ease in cleaning them afterwards. Just don't do the seat so it doesn't get slippery. I usually take a rag with WD-40, spray it on the work it around with the rag. And I do everything as well, including the engine, which will cause smoke to come off when you start it up, but it helps afterwards with cleaning. Here is a thread on what people are doing to clean them after riding. http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2633

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Used Pam as well. I wished I would have used it this past weekend.

Ugh.
LOL. I wish I used it for my last race 3 weeks ago. It had been frozen over for the 4 races prior to that one, and I got back from korea on saturday night, and it was about 30F sunday, and I had been thinking it was cold all week, well I was wrong, it was in the 40s. I showed up at the races with nothing to pre-coat it thinking I wouldn't even get it dirty. Boy was I wrong, especially after the dirtbikes ruined the course.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Yeah, I took my clothes to the laundromat and washed them in one of those washers with the windows. Yeah, it looked like I was washing my stuff in black coffee.
When I get muddy, I have to go to the laundromat as well. My parents wont let me use there stuff, and I don't feel like dragging it the 3 hours to my place to wash it. So I will throw it in the OMAT, and take off back to CT or whatever. My parents will go down and get it. Well, twice so far they went and the mud clogged up something in it, so when they opened the door BROWN water came out, LMAO. I recently started taking them to the car wash to get all the excess mud out b4 putting them in a washer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL that reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld where Cramer fills the washer up at the laundry mat with a bag of ready mix concrete

·
Registered
788 Posts
Have not tried it yet but will give it a shot. I am now looking for that special sled dressing Chevy Chase used in Christmas Vacation.:lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I ordered a gallon of that Xtreme Clean Mud Guard. I am gonna hose the whole thing down, top to bottom and see how it works. I just want something that will make it easier to wash off after a ride.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Be careful what you use as a lot of this stuff will not protect from ultraviolet light and damage the plastics best thing is to just keep it waxed good and wash with mild soap and water when needed.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Let us know how it works. Im interested.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will, should be getting it tomorrow. I bought a pump sprayer and I am going to hose the whole thing down top to bottom with the stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts