Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased the control bumper from PRM (http://prm-atv.com/MN.asp?pg=products&specific=1856&from=115) and it doesn't fit with my exhaust. I have the FMF 4.1 full exhaust (It is bent up just a hair from someone hitting me). Anyway, when you try to put the bumper on, the exhaust wont be able to go up to it's rear mount, other wise it will hit the bottom of the "Baja" bar. Now I am sure you can jerry rig something up with the exhaust so that it hangs lower, but I don't really want to do that as they have it at the angle for a reason (matching up with the other pipe, no angles in it, better flow, which if bent a little down it wouldn't be). The bar itself looks awesome, is light weight, and looks like it would offer lots of protection, just the darn fitment probmel with the pipe. In the picture, they have it on the machine w/ a stock pipe, which is relatively shorter than mine. I am a little bummed....:disgust:

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Chuck
Have the same bar and basically had to trim the under grab bar so it could fit. Don't have any pictures of it but still does its job.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
ill take it. but yeah try to trim it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
What bumper are you using? I got a desertt II and the standard grab bar. PRM makes solid stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
This was discussed in another thread before. If Search would only let three word searches happen hint hint admin.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Huh never heard that, always "jerry rigged" thanks. Now i know how to say it not appear stupid.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Um, I usually never us jerry, or jury, but another term, such as Blonde rigged, or something stupid along those lines. And I dont remember another thread on this one. I am using the exact bumper that I have posted in the link above. I have a PRM front bumper and skid plate, but just thought that this would work with an aftermarket exhaust as it says.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So I recently purchased the control bumper from PRM (http://prm-atv.com/MN.asp?pg=products&specific=1856&from=115) and it doesn't fit with my exhaust. I have the FMF 4.1 full exhaust (It is bent up just a hair from someone hitting me). Anyway, when you try to put the bumper on, the exhaust wont be able to go up to it's rear mount, other wise it will hit the bottom of the "Baja" bar. Now I am sure you can jerry rig something up with the exhaust so that it hangs lower, but I don't really want to do that as they have it at the angle for a reason (matching up with the other pipe, no angles in it, better flow, which if bent a little down it wouldn't be). The bar itself looks awesome, is light weight, and looks like it would offer lots of protection, just the darn fitment probmel with the pipe. In the picture, they have it on the machine w/ a stock pipe, which is relatively shorter than mine. I am a little bummed....:disgust:

I appreciate the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts