Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I NEED HELP. My name is Tom and I live in Knoxville, TN. Does anyone reading this know Josh Wiig and would be willing to talk to him to see why he won’t answer my emails or calls to receive my payment for the new Fox Evol Gen II's I ordered and for his work on my Rear 700XX Shocks? He has had my Rear Shocks for OVER 7 weeks! At the very least, I want my Rear Shocks back ... I will pay him for the work he did on them!

Below is the whole story, if you think you can help or are thinking of going with WiigStyle Racing for suspension help.

First off, I bought a used Honda TRX 700XX at the end of November. I rode my new ride one time and LOVED IT. But, being 50 yrs. old, I knew I wanted more out of the suspension.

I did some searching around and settled on this site for the majority of my 700XX upgrade research. It appeared that for my Rear Shocks, having WiigStyle Racing modify and upgrade my OEM’s was a great choice.

I called Josh Wiig, of WiigStyle Racing, and talked to him about upgrading my Rears and ordering me new Fox Evol Generation II’s for the Front. I told him that this sounded like a great plan and that I would be sending my Rear Shocks out to him on Monday, December 5th. I did indeed ship my Rears to Josh on 12/5/11 and I have UPS Delivery Info showing they arrived from TN (Tennessee) to IA (Iowa) on 12/7/11.

On 12/13 I received an email from Josh stating that he had received my Rear Shocks and that they were disassembled and ready to be modified and reassembled. He also stated that he had ordered the Fox Front shocks the day before, on Monday.

On Monday, 12/19, I have an email that sais that he finished up my Rear Shocks on Friday, 12/16. He was just waiting on my Fronts from Fox.
We had a couple of other email exchanges, one checking to see if he could UPS my completed rear shocks to me. But, by the time he supposedly read my message, it was going to cost me $147.50 to get them on that Friday, Next Day Air. Needless to say I said Thanks, but no Thanks!

Fast Forward to Thursday, Jan 5th 2012. I was told by Josh during our initial conversation, that it would be about a 2 week turn-around on him receiving the new Front Fox Floats and completing the work on my Rears. A month had now gone by, but because of the Christmas and New Year’s Holidays, I really didn’t think much about it. On this Thursday, Jan 5th, I received an email from Josh stating that he would call me Friday afternoon to receive payment for the shocks, then he would ship them out. I didn’t hear anything from him on that Friday, like he had stated.

On Jan. 13th, I sent him another email, stating that I understand if he had a personal or family emergency and him not being able to get back to me, otherwise I needed a call back ASAP.

He sent me an email on Jan. 16th, the last contact that I have had with him, stating that he had to get the “Floats” set-up and boxed up. Once again, he stated that my Rears were done. He said that he had an engine he was finishing up that evening and he was going to call me tomorrow (Jan 17) to give me an update, collect Payment, and shipped ASAP.

Here it is, Friday, Jan. 27th and I have not heard from him since his email on Jan. 16th. He won’t answer when I call, he won’t reply to any emails, and I even tried Text… nothing.

I really don’t know where to go from here. I have email documentation from Josh on everything I have stated, except for the 2 week turn-around, which was discussed during our actual initial conversation.

I’m open for any suggestions. Thanks.
Tom - Knoxville, TN

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Wow that sucks. Did EEHonda ever get his money back?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Major Bummer I didn't see that before I sent my Rears off.

The only Positive in my case is I haven't given him any CC info yet.

I was just cruising around on the Fox web site and they don't have any Rears listed for our XX's?

I believe I saw on here somewhere the Podiums mentioned for the Rears?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem is, Josh Wiig has already modified my Rear shocks. Now, I'm not sure I want them back!

Keep in mind, I have NOT paid him a dime yet. The only thing I am out is my Stock Rear shocks. I wish I could just get them back, but that isnt ever going to happen unless I pony up the $800 and now I don't know if I should even do that... IF I ever hear back from him.

After reading about EEHonda's leaking, I'm thinking I should just cut my losses.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would cut your loss and go to teixeira treck. I think Baxter and Doug have gone with him. Teixeira even mentions them on there site for running there a arms.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, if it were me I would cut my losses and buy from someone more trustworthy as mentioned above. If it cost you 800 bucks to get the rears done at wiigstyle, you can have rear podiums for around an extra 300 bucks. Give someone else a call about the podiums I'm sure you will like them much better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, I am already planning on giving Teixeira Tech a call on Monday.

The Wiig Rear Upgrade is $795, including the addition of Compression Adjustment.

Of all the work I've had done over the years, that I have had to send my parts off for the work to be completed, this is by far the WORST company I have ever dealt with.

I just hope this Thread can prevent someone else from making the same mistake that I did.

Thanks for the Posts Guys!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I would cut your loss and go to teixeira treck. I think Baxter and Doug have gone with him. Teixeira even mentions them on there site for running there a arms.
Ed Teixeira is a real nice guy and I've never heard anything bad. I know him from the SCCS XC series. He's local for me and will tell you up front if there might be any delays.... things are on back order or whatever. He also knows our quad... well mine anyway. Oops, I almost forgot, I still have my stock rear shocks (using Elka now) and will sell them cheap.

roadkill

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been a Member of many Forums over the years, but the responses I have gotten from you guys already is Over-The-Top! I REALLY appreciate all the Feedback, Suggestions, and Offers of help!

I look forward to talking to Ed on Monday.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Josh is a *uckin *ouche bag!!!!! We agreed on how to handle and he never followed through. 2 BBB complaints, and I don't know how many emails and phone calls later and still where I was. I wish I lived closer to his shop and I would "work it out" with him then. For those that commented on the price of the rebuild, it wasn't only a rebuild. New dual springs, valving, and addition of compression adjusters. Quality of work was horrible and his customer service was far worse than that. BEWARE OF JOSH WIIG!!!!!! The part that sucks is that the shocks actually worked really well, he just wouldn't fix the crap that was done wrong. When I finally give up on him, I will fix the leaks and have my machinist relative make a spring retention cap for the bottom.

I love my Elkas though!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey EEHonda... I know there are a lot of other Members on here that were wondering if the POS ever settled up with you. I hate to hear that he has not.

·
Registered
821 Posts
People like that are in the same class as thieves to me. He should be prosecuted as a thief.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would probably show up on his door step, regardless of distance/cost, if he had to look you in the eye it would be a different story.

Some people seem to previeve didtance as a shield to hide behind.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Just hit up Race-Tech direct they make all the valving anyways
I contacted Racetech about building me some compression and rebound adjustable shocks here is what their reply was.

Kevin,

I have looked at our atv apps and do not have a listing for TRX700. We would need the quad here for about 2 weeks for R&D. If this is something you can do let me know. But until we get that quad we have no products for it.

[FONT=&quot]Michelle Marshall[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Application Consultant[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Direct 951-279-6655 ext. 122 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fax 951-279-7171[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][email protected][/FONT]

Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2011 3:26 PM
To: Christie Gunter
Subject: Honda TRX700XX

I am interested in upgrading my existing rear shocks in this ATV. What kind of money would I be talking to add two stage springs and adjustable comp and rebound dampening?

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
130 Posts
Major Bummer I didn't see that before I sent my Rears off.

The only Positive in my case is I haven't given him any CC info yet.

I was just cruising around on the Fox web site and they don't have any Rears listed for our XX's?

I believe I saw on here somewhere the Podiums mentioned for the Rears?
Had problems with him over a set of springs he was suppose to strip and powder coat for me. The 2 weeks turned into about 6 weeks and they came back looking spray painted. Sure as shit , the first ride the paint flaked off and the old color was still there. He was suppose to send me a check back for another item which I never received. Many e-mails later no check so I gave up (should have used paypal at least).

I didn't lose out on hundreds so I took it as a lesson, but it's the principal of bad business and being a man of your word. Wish I put it on the forum, maybe you would have thought twice about using him.

Ian over at monster performance is a real cool guy, he came through for me as promised in a big way and was very reasonable.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts