Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background: Trail riding, Mountain Riding(lots of drastic elevation changes), and some good quality muddy H20 riding.

I don't drag, don't care about top end. What I do care about is ease of use.....

I am thinking about ordering the "Big 3" package. Everything in one shot(Ease of use) Then I start reading about having to program the controller. Would I have to learn how to do this since I frequent many different riding areas at many different elevations. Is it easy to do? Or Would I just have to set it once from the shop and be done with it?

Just trying to make sure I make the right decision and looking for input.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Basically what I am saying is.

I got some money. i want to upgrade. Im not mechanically inclined. Gimme the easiest way to do this :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'd get a 13t front sprocket, sway bar and upper front A arms before I went upgrading the engine since you don't drag or care about top end. It will be much more fun to ride on the trails and stuff with those upgrades.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
X 2 work on the handling first. get you that 13 tooth, maybe even some new shocks!?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I should have posted what my current plans are also.

I got the 13t on and Ordering UNI filter and sway bar this week.

I just been reading good things for the low end response of the big 3 pack package. The bike only got 2-3 tanks through it. would shocks be that necessary already?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I think they would be a good investment. I personally do not have any yet but alot of guys on here have said that its makes it alot better handling. I do have a pipe, programmer and power lid though and it does make a big difference.

·
Registered
151 Posts
you got the upgrade bug just like everyone else just decide what order your getting it all in them buy buy buy lol gonna do it anyways

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Get the EHS big 3! You really don't need shocks yet. The controller is very easy to use. It will come already programmed. You may need to adjust slightly for extreme elevation changes,but it's super easy and only takes a few seconds.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Get the EHS big 3! You really don't need shocks yet. The controller is very easy to use. It will come already programmed. You may need to adjust slightly for extreme elevation changes,but it's super easy and only takes a few seconds.
Yeah that was my only concern. I know I plan to BUY BUY BUY :-D

The problem is buying something I am not sure and have never used.... AKA: Fuel Controller. But if it is "Super Easy" Then The Big 3 will most likely get added to the list this week.

Thanks

EDIT: Also the extreme Elevation changes will be on the fly. Like in Mann at Rockhouse. Up and down the side of a mountain.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Between the way bar, shocks, tires, and a arms on mine I can almost turn as tight as a solid axle and with a little front brake play I can spin it around on almost any terrain. I can even get some half assed donuts going on.

And the shocks make a night and day difference in your ride. I still have my stock shocks and when I bent the end on one of my elka's I let it sit on a jack stand for 2 weeks while I was waiting for the parts to get here because I didn't want to go back to the stock ones.

In XC racing the guys with the built bikes have problems keeping up with us on the straights but they catch us in the corners. So you don't really need more power, just need to get it to hold the trail.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
If your talking about hatfield McCoy rockhouse trailhead. Then you won't even need to adjust your controller. It really is easy! I bought my setup from EHS and it was plug and play. Took about an hour to install and 30 minutes of that was drinking beer! :lol: I have rode at rockhouse and I didn't need to adjust my controller. The shocks definitely help alot, but are expensive. I would get your moneys worth outta the stockers for now and upgrade when they are blown. Maybe go ahead and get the sway bar though since they are fairly inexpensive.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds good. I guess it's time to break out the Debit Card tomorrow.

So Big 3, Uni Filter, 13t front are the for sures.

Now I am just down to Which size sway bar and which tires....

:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
get the 11/16 bar. awsome product def would have bought it before the big 3 if i would have known about it

·
Registered
54 Posts
If I had to do it all over again I would but the
1. Upper A-arms
2. Shocks
3.Pipe & programer.
4. sway bar
5 port +valves & Cam

But thats just me After having done it in a very different order

1 - 19 of 19 Posts