Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i do a lot more readin on this fourm than i do posting, but none the less i think this is the BEST fourm out there. as far as the amount of knowledge and experience behind the bars. long story short i was wonderin who actually has the big 3 package from ehs? and if u do i am a trail rider (lotsa rocks hills and mud) is this the package 4 me or are there other options 4 me to explore as im sure any of u can relate 900$ is a lot of money to part with

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
There is a notable amount of power made with the Big3. Choosing which manufacturer to go with is a matter of what looks and sound you like. Razr tires all the way around is another great option.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Awsome!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as far as sound im partial to the deep throaty sound the one with the bark in it (attempting to mimic the sound by mouth) yeah that one i am however concerned with dnr regulations ive heard they can b pretty strict with noise level at the same time how often do u really run into dnr i suppose its where u ride i liked the ehs programer cuz the site said it was pre programed and thats an animal i dont wanna let out cuz i know nothing about it always had machines with carbs on em as im sure u can tell im new to the mods thing and dont wanna spend a s&*t load of money on trial and error when there is a vast amount of knowledge litterally at my finger tips thx 4 ur response and in advance 4 ur future ones

·
Registered
68 Posts
I say it's a good option if you have the money. Having the extra power and the ability to idle/creep without having to feather the clutch so much will come in handy on the tight trails. I spend all of my seat time on really technical terrain alot of which doesn't even have trails. I just ordered the full package from EHS. Once it's in, I'll post up how the bike feals compared to stock.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx thorsky im 4 sure interested in how it performs ill be patiently awaiting ur feedback

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I agree this is a good chuck of change but it is worth it it really brinks the quad to life and makes it run efficient. The ehs package would be a great one to go with. But u have other options u don't nessarally need full exhaust a slip on would be fine a uni filter or k&n and a programer will be less money if that is a worry

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The header makes a significant difference compared to what just a slip on will do.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I do tree dodging in the UK and just ordered the EHS/Barker Racing big 3. Eric is trying to get it out for a race I have on the 21st of this month .
I will post results and video . In stock form it runs great , but would like a little more.:D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Don't hurt them boys on that side of the pond Baxter!!!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
These quads are a handful if you're inexperienced and in tight situations. Big 3 just makes it that much more. More than once, i've hammered it and the front end has come up and i've needed to turn. It's hard to do that with your front tires in the air. I consider myself experienced though, and I like the extra power. Can never have enough!

·
Registered
306 Posts
These quads are a handful if you're inexperienced and in tight situations. Big 3 just makes it that much more. More than once, i've hammered it and the front end has come up and i've needed to turn. It's hard to do that with your front tires in the air. I consider myself experienced though, and I like the extra power. Can never have enough!
Put on long travel a-arms with Elka's, the front comes up but it is weird that you can still steer. You really have to get the front end up almost uncomfortably to get the fronts off the ground.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well im not sure how that comment was meant to come off so im not going to jump to conclusions ill just say that i am by no means a pro however today is not my first day either. i understand that the 700 is not a beginers bike if i were a novice i would have bought a 300 or another 400. that being said i am a firm believer in more power i was just wonderin if the setup would be usefull in the woods or if it was aimed more for the racing group

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think it is fine for the woods. You want as much torque as you can get to pull up the hills and out the tight shots when available.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
well im not sure how that comment was meant to come off so im not going to jump to conclusions ill just say that i am by no means a pro however today is not my first day either. i understand that the 700 is not a beginers bike if i were a novice i would have bought a 300 or another 400. that being said i am a firm believer in more power i was just wonderin if the setup would be usefull in the woods or if it was aimed more for the racing group
Not an attack at all, sorry if it came across that way. It's easy to get in trouble in the woods... easier with more power. I personally like the power. All I ride are woods pretty much.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no problem man thats pretty much all i ride as well ive actually decided to go with a 13t for now as its 25$ vs 900$ im in michigan so were still covered with snow so after thaw ill find out if the bike feels better with just the 13 or if i want to go big 3 which brings me to another question how does the bike feel with the big 3 plus the 13 or is it better to run a 14 with the big 3 package?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I do tree dodging in the UK and just ordered the EHS/Barker Racing big 3. Eric is trying to get it out for a race I have on the 21st of this month .
I will post results and video . In stock form it runs great , but would like a little more.:D
I have also ordered the big 3 package from EHS... I can't let the Brits have all the fun.

As far as db levels... I also have strict limits in California. With just the spark arrestor it's about 103db. With the quiet core it's about 94db.

Right now I have a 13t, but will probably go back to the 14t with the big 3 package.

roadkill

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have also ordered the big 3 package from EHS... I can't let the Brits have all the fun.

As far as db levels... I also have strict limits in California. With just the spark arrestor it's about 103db. With the quiet core it's about 94db.

Right now I have a 13t, but will probably go back to the 14t with the big 3 package.

roadkill
Congrat's you will love it! Enjoy and let us know what you think

1 - 20 of 20 Posts