Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i raced my buddy the other day on his Raptor 700. He beat me by about a quad length :disgust: with all the things done to my 700 (Hes has the same things on his) i need to know what i can add to it to make it faster. I figured im looking at a Big Bore kit. I need one that will still allow me to ride for hours without having to fill up every 5 minutes. i was thinking the 727 kit but i dont know if it would be enough to absolutely dominate his Raptor. Please help...Thanks Chris

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
So i raced my buddy the other day on his Raptor 700. He beat me by about a quad length :disgust: with all the things done to my 700 (Hes has the same things on his) i need to know what i can add to it to make it faster. I figured im looking at a Big Bore kit. I need one that will still allow me to ride for hours without having to fill up every 5 minutes. i was thinking the 727 kit but i dont know if it would be enough to absolutely dominate his Raptor. Please help...Thanks Chris
A cam and or ported head would be your best bet. If you aren't happy with the results they can be used with the a big bore to really make some power. The cam and ported head would make more power than just the BB alone.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I port the head and put a bigger cam in It, wouldn't I have to change the valves? What steps would I have to take, and what price range would I expect? Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
If I port the head and put a bigger cam in It, wouldn't I have to change the valves? What steps would I have to take, and what price range would I expect? Thanks for your help.
No you would not need to change the valves and expect to spend about $450-500 for the cam, gaskets, fluids and port work. Labor not included. There are many topics covering this stuff. It would be best to look over some of them to get an idea of what your looking to.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
A cam and or ported head would be your best bet. If you aren't happy with the results they can be used with the a big bore to really make some power. The cam and ported head would make more power than just the BB alone.
I agree with smooth, get some head work, cam, high comp piston, and a +3 throttle body.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Call eric at ehs, he can simplify you problems. Also he knows raptors better than anybody so he knows what it takes to beat em. Hes also offering a special on some head work right now

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Smaller rear tires and gearing back up will get you that bike length if you are on a limited budget. If you want to stick with the 22s, piston, cam, and/or head work would be where I would go next.

·
Registered
104 Posts
13 tooth sprocket and launching in 2nd gear might ultimately be the $8 route to victory, haha. What is the weight of each rider? My friend has a XX with pcv, high comp piston and st. 2 hot cam. I beat him simply because I weigh 100 lbs. less.
The 13t is better for drag racing than the 14t?? (Stock tires)

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I run the stock sprocket and I still launch in second. I can barely beat big three 450's I don't think you'll be able to keep up with a rappy mod for mod.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
The 13t is better for drag racing than the 14t?? (Stock tires)
Depends on how far the race is and what performance mods you have done. For the most part in drags races it is better to be quick than fast because most drags don’t allow for you to reach your top speed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its about an 1/8 mile (i havent actually measured tho, just a rough guess) and he only beats me by about a quad length. I also weigh (quad and myself) about 100-120 pounds more than he does.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Its about an 1/8 mile (i havent actually measured tho, just a rough guess) and he only beats me by about a quad length. I also weigh (quad and myself) about 100-120 pounds more than he does.
Yea, you being heavier is not doing you any favors. If you're staying stock than I would for sure do a 13t sprocket. You will accelerate faster but like others said you'll lose a few mph on the top end. Since you're racing a 1/8th mile I'd do the sprocket and see where it gets you. I bought the $8 one off ebay. Worked awesome but I went big 3 and went back to the 14t. 13t, practice launch hard in second and you should gain some ground.:hey:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.