Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I changed my oil two days ago and I noticed that it had a little water in it. I didnt think much about it because I figured it might have got in my engine when I was washing it or something. Well, I went riding yesterday and just happened to check my coolant level and noticed I had oil in my coolant. There was enough in there to make my coolant have foam on the top and it was almost black. After seeing this I am assuming that the water in my oil was not from washing it or riding through water. Does anybody know where these two fluids can mix in the engine? I need some sort of a diagram of the head or the block. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
More than likely your head gasket or possibly a cracked cylinder. There is an O-ring in the lower cylinder but if it leaked you'd only end up with water in the oil, not both as you say yours is. Had you got it hot at anytime? You can confirm a leak by running the bike with the radiator cap off and checking for bubbles.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am thinking maybe its a head gasket problem. I just checked my oil 30 minutes ago and the dipstick was bone dry... I think some of my oil is in the coolant and the rest of it is getting burned because when you rev it up in neutral it puffs blue smoke. Has anyone else ever had this problem of heard of this happening?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I have had a cracked liner, all it did was wear the rings down and one side of the piston. I would try a compression test or even a cooling system pressure check. The spark plug may tell you something,when you pull it out.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
there is a mechanical seal in the water pump that can cause it as well. when it leaks through the head it still has to go past your rings generally it will go out the exhaust when running when it is hot a shut off it can fill the cylinder up and leak past rings if its leaking a lot in compression area thats when bad things will happen water doesnt ignite and will need to escape somehow which is what breaks parts. if you have a crack in cylinder it can leak into cases while its running. i would check your water pump seal first its much easier and would explain more why you have oil in the overflow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts