Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do u guys think is the best bang for the buck a big three or elka stage 2 fronts does the elka make a big difference in handeling and on jumps compared to stock i manely ride pits and mx if that helps any at all.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
For mx and jumping, my vote is for the Elka's. I ran 10 laps at a local mx track with the stock suspension and paid for it the next 3 days:lmao:
what do u guys think is the best bang for the buck a big three or elka stage 2 fronts does the elka make a big difference in handeling and on jumps compared to stock i manely ride pits and mx if that helps any at all.

Stage 2 are a waste of time,money and energy !
Anything you do to the front end will help, kinda a bandaid to BP.

I hate to say it as replacing shocks , taller tires and swaybar will do "Jack Shit" on youre turns ! Unless you change the castor ,
Anyway heres the link , I go .
http://www.lsracing.com/img/Guide_21.pdf

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Really??? That last statement you made Baxter I hate to say is "jack shit"! Once I switched to an aftermarket swaybar and tires I got rid of my front end push and made my turns waaaaaay tighter and faster

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Get the elka's and some of Ed's upper a-arms. The bike has enough power already and your not gonna gain a whole lot with just the big 3. Plus your a pretty light guy so you don't need the extra power like us heavier guys do. The shocks will make your landings softer and the a-arms will allow you to adjust your caster to help get rid of some of the push.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm kinda with Bax here......

My vote is an each way bet.....Slip-On, PowerCommander, Stock filter, no lid and Tex Tech upper a-arms.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Get the elka's and some of Ed's upper a-arms. The bike has enough power already and your not gonna gain a whole lot with just the big 3. Plus your a pretty light guy so you don't need the extra power like us heavier guys do. The shocks will make your landings softer and the a-arms will allow you to adjust your caster to help get rid of some of the push.
Words of the wise man!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Definatly do shocks first. I did elka stage 2 up front and Big 3 and wish i would have skipped on exhaust and got the rear shocks re-valved with compression adjustment and teixeira tech upper a-arms and stage 2 up front for about the same price.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Stage 2 are a waste of time,money and energy !
Anything you do to the front end will help, kinda a bandaid to BP.

I hate to say it as replacing shocks , taller tires and swaybar will do "Jack Shit" on youre turns ! Unless you change the castor ,
Anyway heres the link , I go .
http://www.lsracing.com/img/Guide_21.pdf
I'm going with reading Baxter's posts are a waste of time, money and energy. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
I definitely noticed a considerable difference with the big 3. My friends with stock XX's road mine and can't believe the difference. I wouldn't make this up or lie.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
what kinda riden u doing... im gona get the ds450 fronts and have my rears and the 450's sent to wiggstyle for get them set up right.... but once i sell my recon im gona get the big 3 and tires.... im waintin on my mom to get my sway bar for my b-day

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I'm not saying the big 3 won't help it go faster, just that it's not a huge difference. I barely noticed anything at all? He likes to jump his bike alot. so i think the shocks would be better for him. Plus he rides in sand pits so unless he does a drag race he's not gonna see alot of improvement in speed and power.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
I'm not saying the big 3 won't help it go faster, just that it's not a huge difference. I barely noticed anything at all? He likes to jump his bike alot. so i think the shocks would be better for him. Plus he rides in sand pits so unless he does a drag race he's not gonna see alot of improvement in speed and power.
I agree, if he does a mojority of mx he should do shocks with 13t sprocket for corner to corner. I dont understand buying a xx for mx but to each his own. I'm not sure why you didn't feel a big power gain because i sure did but everyone's machine is different.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I agree, if he does a mojority of mx he should do shocks with 13t sprocket for corner to corner. I dont understand buying a xx for mx but to each his own. I'm not sure why you didn't feel a big power gain because i sure did but everyone's machine is different.
Agreed! +a sway bar.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i've said it many times before.... suspension!!!!... the xx is already powerfull... go ahead and set it up right, and you'll feel like you don't need the big3

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
The OP probably weighs a buck 35! He don't need the power IMO. Lol
To Scott, I weigh a FEW lbs more than you so maybe that's why I didn't notice as big of a difference!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I weight 255 and I noticed a HUGE difference from his big 3 to my non big 3. We rode last weekend and I hopped of mine and on his and the power is more regardless of your weight. It is all relative

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
let me just say, i'm a freakin giant, and i actually sold my exhaust so i could have suspension work... results are showing it!... yes, i will buy another exhaust when I can gather up some money, but i have no regrets... suspension!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts