Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Bit the Bullet and Bought One

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Baxter 
#1 ·
As you can see in my post below this one, I asked for advice from members of this board. Here is the post I made:

Thanks for everyone's feedback. Just so you'll know, I took your advice and put down a deposit this morning and will pick it up tomorrow. ('08 Black/Red) I took a little test ride around a dealer's parking lot and couldn't really tell much about it. Two things I noticed right off that I didn't like but probably can be fixed is the position of the shift lever. It is to high and I had to take my foot off of the peg to shift it. The other was how easy the throttle works. I think I must have looked like a kid trying to drive a standard shift the first time. It was hard to keep it steady. I just hope I enjoy it as much as I have my Raptor over the last 10 years. If I like it as much as I think I will, I will probably sell my '07 Rhino Sport Edition as well. Hint: The '01 Raptor 660 is for sale as of today. Thanks again to everyone. :thanks:

#2 ·
Congratulations!

#3 ·
The shifter is a easy fix, takes 2 minutes to adjust. And congratulations.

#9 ·
time to get bitten by the mod bug, congrats on the purchase. may I ask how much you got yours for? I was at my local dealer yesterday to get a spare part and saw an 09' for sticker price ($8400) i think and I just laughed. anyways great to have ya.

#10 · (Edited)
Xstriker. I did some shopping around and got a variety of prices. Found some left over '08 that started at $4399. But when you sat down with them, they began adding all sorts of things. Like freight, prep, property taxes, etc. One started out at $4499 and with my '01 Raptor as a trade in, it came out to $6850. I bought mine from Bartlesville Ok. Cycle Sports. $4399 +$12 for paper work and I paid the taxes when I returned home to Tx. Total with taxes was under $4700. They had some '09 Limited Editions for $5599 + the $12. I completely understand a dealer needing to make money to stay open, but I don't want him making all of it off of me. This is the second 4 wheeler I have purchased from them and they have been very up front every time. It was worth the 300 miles one way drive as far as I am concerned and will do it again the next time I am in the market. They also carry Suzuki, Polaris and Harley Davidson.

#12 ·
yea, I just laughed because they still had the MSRP sitcker price on the bike... hopefully nobody is dumb enough to pay the price they see on the tag. Congrats on your purchase though mine has been worth every penny.

#13 ·
As you can see in my post below this one, I asked for advice from members of this board. Here is the post I made:

Thanks for everyone's feedback. Just so you'll know, I took your advice and put down a deposit this morning and will pick it up tomorrow. ('08 Black/Red) I took a little test ride around a dealer's parking lot and couldn't really tell much about it. Two things I noticed right off that I didn't like but probably can be fixed is the position of the shift lever. It is to high and I had to take my foot off of the peg to shift it. The other was how easy the throttle works. I think I must have looked like a kid trying to drive a standard shift the first time. It was hard to keep it steady. I just hope I enjoy it as much as I have my Raptor over the last 10 years. If I like it as much as I think I will, I will probably sell my '07 Rhino Sport Edition as well. Hint: The '01 Raptor 660 is for sale as of today. Thanks again to everyone. :thanks:
My first ride was a 3 hr enduro race with no steering dampner. Use to ride a 450r and never looked back. Me like my baby! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.