Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i just got done changing over to Engine Ice, water flushed it out 2 time, put the ice in it, did what the manual said to do except i left the overflow empty (wanted to make sure i had enough for the entire system before filling overflow) i let it idle for about 5 minutes, at that time i throttled it a few times, seen some small bubbles comming out waited till all the bubbles stopped comming out, shut it down and filled the rad back up, and then filled the overflow tank, checked a hour or so later and it taken some from the overflow.

I let it run for about 10 to 15 mins after that, fan kicked on, but went off right away, did i do this right ? I just dont want to be over heating it because of a air pocket stuck in there.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The way you did it is fine....any air bubbles left will work their way out and will be replaced with coolant from your overflow...just keep that in mind when you first ride it if it drops a little, as it usually does.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You run in straight, but you MUST flush out all the regular antifreeze, they dont mix, thats why i did it twice, first time with water and vinegar, and 2nd time with water, I was going to flush it till the water came out clear, 2nd time it came clear.

Thanks for the response 09RappySE.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I learnt the easy way from a friend and a post on this forum. I raise the front up when doing the antifreeze. The catch tank will lower between 5-10mm on first ride, sounds alot but the whole cooling system only carries 800ml ish. It will lower a tad , the more you ride.It needs a top up to the catcher tank about every 4 months or 15-20 hours engine time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts